[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Mum uses a 3-wheeled rollator to get around but if we encounter a narrow bit she switches to a walking stick. I've attached the holder from a bicycle D-lock to the upright on the rollator and the stick drops neatly into this - the holder is wider than most so the rubber ferrule of the stick slides r...
Hi Hellen My son requested a tribunal the first time he was sectioned. This was some years ago and my memory is hazy, but there was a panel consisting of psychiatric staff and (I think) a solicitor, and my son's CPN gave a report. My son had the opportunity to speak for himself, but when he did he w...
Hi Last year my son and I went to see The Eradication of Schizophrenia in Western Lapland, a play by the Ridiculusmus theatre group based on Open Dialogue. http://www.ridiculusmus.com/shows/on-tour/eradication-schizophrenia-western-lapland/ It was a very strange evening; by splitting the stage the a...
I am a fan of hot water bottles, too. I have a 'basic' supermarket kettle which I keep just for this. I pour the lukewarm water from the HWB into the kettle and save the energy I would use heating it from stone cold. (But definitely don't use the same kettle for your cuppa!)
These are indeed words of wisdom and I am very grateful for your support. I love the calories joke. I must have lost several hundred by now..... No, I have no siblings to share the fun. It's not really feasible to have mum to stay as I have no spare room - my younger son also lives with me, fulltime...

New

Hello I have been a carer for my son, now 34, since he was diagnosed with schizophrenia at the age of 17. It has been a long and difficult road but he is currently fairly stable (not 'well', but 'stable'). He is on ESA and lowest-rate DLA and has a council flat but spends a lot of time at my house. ...