[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Vyxxen and welcome. I hope it's ok to recount my experience as I don't mean to hijack your thread. In my 20s and 30s I suffered black depressions lasting weeks. I was quite shocked to read Caravanj's comment about anger management but that does fit what I was going through. Somewhere in my late 5...
Hi Trigpoint I can understand how frightening this must be. I'm afraid I don't know anything about injunctions, but I thought I'd offer three thoughts to try and set your mind at rest: First, even if the patient can sometimes seem well, psychiatrists are trained to be perceptive. The outcome of the ...
I used to make home-made bread quite a lot and my son - regardless of my warnings - always ate it warm out of the breadmaker. He got stomach ache and he decided the bread was poisoned, too. (It would have been the perfect opportunity, had I wanted to!)

We use sliced, now....
Trigpoint - I'm pleased about the tribunal, you deserve some good news after your worry. It does feel very strange when the person is gone from the house, specially as things reach such a pitch before. I love my solo walks, sorting my head out.
Yep, Clozapine did it for us too, but my son couldn't tolerate the side effects. The blood testing was a faff as well. If your husband's still unwell at the end of a section 2 might they not put him on a section 3? http://www.rethink.org/living-with-mental-illness/mental-health-laws/mental-health-ac...
Hellen , I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is an awful experience. My son was hospitalised yesterday for the fourth or fifth time. This morning I took him some tobacco and he was in the exercise yard with a nurse; he noticeably shouted at me but not her, because he holds me responsible for ...
Wanted to report that he is now in hospital. In the end he came home too late (calculatingly so) to do anything about it . I just pointed out that he had only two choices left - to go to our local hospital with me while it still had a bed free or to wait till they tracked him down, at which point th...
Dear everyone Thankyou so much for your replies. Your support really means a lot. I must eat my words about the CMHT - they did come through for us in the end, and when they finally got going they did things pretty quickly, like locating a bed and a doctor, and informing the police (that my son is k...
Bowlingbun, thankyou so much for your reply. The mental health service has come through at last and they are sending a team tomorrow to assess my son and try to get him admitted informally for treatment. Seems they are staggering under the weight of work, hence the delay. Re a carer's assessment: I ...
My son was last discharged from hospital in September 2013 under a Community Treatment Order, which meant he received monthly injections of antipsychotic medication for 6 months. Since the CTO ended he has received no medication - if he's not compelled to take it he refuses it - and we have jogged a...