[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Anon and welcome I see no-one has replied to your post yet so I'll start the ball rolling. I don't have experience of a partner with alcoholism but I have been around recovery groups for relatives of alcoholics. The generally held view seems to be not to enable the alcoholic in drinking or protec...
Hi Henrietta I do sympathise - it was such a lovely day yesterday that I took time off from whizzing to the hospital to see my son and drove Mum to a little tea-room I found. Well! The room was too dark, the heating wasn't on, the menu wasn't varied enough, the daffodils were past their best (ok, I'...
Thankyou for your supportive replies MumWhoCares, Stephanie and Trigpoint. When he was first diagnosed my son quite willingly took Olanzapine, but it was so sedating he lived like a zombie. He was changed to Quetiapine which made him feel awful so he stopped taking it and that was really when things...
My son stayed 3 weeks in hospital and was discharged a week ago, even though he was quite open about his intention not to take his medication. Sure enough by last Friday it was obvious he was as bad as before - rude, shouting, thought disordered and breaking small but useful things - and the Outreac...
Stephanie your story makes me so cross! How dare the services turn your son's welfare into a p***ing contest? We encountered a few old-school professionals along the way who were more interested in status/money/power than in getting people well but I thought they were a dying breed. Grrr! :evil: I'm...
I'm a carer for my son, willingly and for my mother, reluctantly. I take the view that I chose to have my son and so I took on board anything and everything that came with that choice, including his illness. In his case caring involves standing back where possible so he can be independent but being ...
Trigpoint I don't think you're weak willed at all. You're going through a traumatic and draining experience, everything familiar and comforting has been stood on its head, you've lost your husband's support. It sounds to me like you're grieving, and it's entirely understandable that you should just ...
Dear Anne

I feel so sorry for you; what a letdown. It's difficult enough getting used to caree being in hospital and then getting used to them being home all over again. I hope the respite works out eventually - I'm sending (((((((((hugs)))))))))) anyway. StarFish.
Just want to say welcome and I'm sure others will as well. No, it's not just you, my son's illness flares up from time to time, usually when he's stressed out about something. Unfortunately I can't always smooth things over for him, however much I want to. :cry: I'm so glad this is one of your 'good...
I'm sending (((((((((((((enormous hugs))))))))))))) too. This is an awful illness and there is no way you should beat yourself up about what happened. You didn't, didn't, didn't get it wrong - you wanted to be kind but you are just not used to how cunning and devious the illness can be. I find it tr...