[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Stephanie you are really going through the mill. Just wanted to send you my best wishes. I have no suggestions what to do, I'm afraid, but you are so helpful to other people you deserve all the support we can give. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Starfish
Hi Dragonfly I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. You sound like you are doing your very best. I may be reading this wrong (and apologies if I am) but it seems to me that your partner's behaviour is a form of emotional blackmail. It is outrageous to suggest that your caring actions affect her s...
Hi Laura Anne and welcome I am not familiar with DID though reading up about it to answer your post I've found that it can sometimes be associated with schizophrenia which my son has - sorry not to be more help. I do have a lot of experience of him being a patient in a mental hospital and I know tha...
O those horrible forms! Are you getting any support to fill it in? I had help from an advisor at the Carers' Centre but it still took me six weeks to get lowest rate for my son, and sadly I think he'll lose it when Universal Credit comes in. Best advice I had was always to describe his 'worst case' ...
Wow Stephanie, that sounds great! You say this person is a volunteer? As in, unpaid? I had a chat to my son's CPN the other day. He is a nice guy and one of the younger generation of health professionals who don't particularly subscribe to the medical model of treatment, but so far he hasn't attende...
Hi Catherine As my mum grew less mobile and stopped driving she began to say things like 'put me in a home' but when I found an excellent place for her in a retirement village a few miles away from me she refused it and opted to buy a sheltered apartment (the third one she's had) which is practicall...
Trigpoint this is so awful for you. I have no experience with the 'manic' phase - it's not something my son does. I do believe though that the whole episode, the divorce and everything, is a construct of the illness and not your 'real' husband. My son says terrible things to and about people when he...
Welcome Tara and I'm glad you've come to the forum. I would say emphatically you have no need to feel guilty and you are not weak. You are reacting as any normal person would to an abnormally difficult situation, is all. I do agree with bowlingbun that you should focus on what you yourself want, how...
Thankyou everyone for your replies. It feels so much better knowing that others have had experience of parents/selves tripping and falling but managed to cope, and even find humour in their situation. It's so easy to agonise about things in isolation. Catherine, OTs helped my son coming out of hospi...
Called in to see Mum today and was horrified to find her head was plastered with dried blood and a large purple bruise forming on one temple. :shock: She'd tripped shuffling around last night and hit her head against the sharp bit of the door latch. Me: why didn't you call me? Mum: well, it was dark...