[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Stephanie

Thankyou for posting this, it looks really interesting and I've bookmarked it to do. You make a huge contribution to the MH area of the forum and I'm very grateful - I'm sure others are too.
Thankyou for your replies. The flats are not a registered care facility but they are marketed as homes for the elderly - minimum age is 60. So you might expect people to struggle with the doors at some point in their lives. Our original plan was to store the scooter in an outside porch, but the ward...
This post is part-rant, part-request. Mum is 92 and has been nearly two years now in sheltered accommodation leased by Firstport. Progressive arthritis means she has been getting about using a rollator, but she has been too scared of falling or getting lost to go out alone and so depends entirely on...
Hi Jacquie and welcome to the forum I'm so sorry you find yourself in this situation; it's so difficult to know what to do. I am carer for my mum who is 92. Whilst not having Alzheimer's she nevertheless has a fairly poor memory and like your mum she is deaf. I was moved to reply to your post becaus...
Hi Anne and welcome. I'm sorry to hear you're going though such a rough time. My son has had mental health problems for many years and the scenario of a police search that includes one's own home is a familiar one. I'm also used to his good-times-bad-times fluctuation. When really bad he can be very...
Hi Alice and welcome. I hope you'll find lots of help here. I'm a carer for my son who was diagnosed with schizophrenia 18 years ago, when he was 17. He complied with meds at first but the health professionals intervened as he was so sedated. Unfortunately the alternative meds caused a lot of proble...
Go to the Overview tab and Manage drafts is in the list to the left. Then hit Load draft. :)
Just wanted to acknowledge your post, as this area of the forum is not much visited it seems. I do understand your need to 'get it out'. My experience probably isn't helpful I'm afraid. Both my ex and I brought a lot of emotional baggage into our marriage and my psychotic son now has a very difficul...
Trigpoint I'm so pleased for you both, too. Give yourself a big pat on the back for coming through the hard times.
It's nearly 18 months since mum moved into sheltered accommodation about a mile from my house. She has severe arthritis and uses a rollator. She refuses to leave the building on her own for fear of falling though she can get to the coffee lounge, laundry and recycling room. She depends entirely on m...