[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Called this morning, now just waiting around for some one to get back to me. I am just keeping fingers crossed and hoping it goes okay. In the mean time I have doubled checked emails and have two different dates as to when the social worker is back, she herself says 7th October but the duty worker s...
Not locking the door is a safeguarding issue and needs reporting, Your mum is vulnerable and living in the community and needs to be protected from harm. Leaving the door unlocked, anyone can wonder in. And be careful with the keysafe number, one carer wrote down all the names and address's and key...
I've taken and will continue to take photos of the folder but I don't see the actual one they fill in, this one just says as per pass system. The pass system is on a mobile phone. {another bug bear they keep playing with that not paying attention to what they should be doing} We have to pay an annua...
Thank you HoneyBadger, I really appreciate your reply. HA the care agency are I would say hilarious but it's beyond that. When I first raised concerns about this carer I was told she is doing exceptionally well and flying. I can only assume we have VERY different definitions of doing well because to...
I am aware I sound like a broken record and I promise I do not mean too. I am a little over whelmed with all that is going on. I had to block a carer...i HATE doing this and it wasn't something I chose to do lightly. The carer in question was taking too many safety risks...not allowing nan time to s...
The care agency we have use a phone...I have a list of issues with this. 1) neither us nor other health professionals can access it so there is no communication with GP, District Nurse, me, paramedics etc should the need arise delaying or even leading to the wrong treatment. 2) other health professi...
We were referred because I am concerned that the carers aren't aware/trained enough in visual problems. Nan has little to no sight in the left eye and reduced with added cataract in the right eye. I try and do shopping etc when carers come in but recently it's new just training carers coming alone w...
Sorry to be a nuisance. I am just wondering if anyone knows what a sensory assessment is? What happens during it? We are supposed to be being referred for one although nobody knows if there is a waiting list or how long the waiting list is etc.

Thank you for your help
We used to pay for carers but financially it stopped being viable when my Mum died...she left us with debt that had been accrued in our names unbeknown to us. It was too stressful for nan {sudden death of mum, her daughter} to even discuss the option of trying to say it was fraud so I caved and afte...
I've looked at NHS online but none of the physical symptoms match, so please bare with me whilst I explain. Nan is 87, she has wet macular degeneration in her right eye leaving little to no sight, dry macular degeneration and a cataract in the left eye {we are seeking treatment on the cataract} so l...