[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Not an answer as such but we have just taken delivery of an air mattress...not for pressure sores but for limited mobility and it removes pressure from the areas where she lies heavy. It's early days but pillows have been removed from supporting her in bed as the mattress can move to the contours of...
I have a really sinking feeling about this, the chair is huge, like the old fashioned arm chairs and there is very little space for anything else in the bathroom once it's there. I have a feeling the care agency are going to say they can't use it as carers cannot walk around it. In the mean time Nan...
The OT didn't mention the carers needing training but presumably as it's not a hoist etc it's straightforward wheeling that in theory anyone could manage. I've contacted care direct again and not had a reply, I've tried the social worker...she's on leave and admin won't do anything beyond take messa...
https://www.cqc.org.uk/ Make a compliant. I'm too scared to make a complaint whilst we still use the agency. I read on the CQC website they will disclose the name of the person who complains and if they do that whilst we are still using the agency things will get worse. It had been my original plan...
The items I have bought are expensive and as the carers broke a walker I anticipated being told we would have to replace ourselves which got me looking around and they can be hundreds of pounds, by accident I stumbled on one RRP at mobility store £189.00 plus vat....£30 on facebook marketplace. So i...
Sort of generally replying to everyone, so grateful for all you say but yes I wondered in my nonsense way if you had had a PA? There are different providers around the country but I think when asking it's the same questions for all of them. Explain the needs, then say I know this won't work but this...
I totally agree, did you know you can get a budget and hire a PA, they have to be registered as self employed and DBS checked but otherwise it's up to you who it is etc. The only downside is signing off time sheets. Not difficult unless you have dyslexia etc so I am seriously considering it, it's ju...
HI, As it says really. I've hit yet ANOTHER issue with this blasted care agency. I had a lovely Occupational Therapist visit and she has arranged for lots of new equipment, one of which is a wheeled shower chair to reduce the amount of walking and rushed unsteady on feet walking. I advised the care...
Thank you Sunnydisposition. They have resisted so much lately that I'm worried they will this too. I contacted social services because I was struggling to cope. THe carer they sent was very inexperienced and was trying to get nan to walk unaided {without walking frames etc} it became too dangerous a...
HI, As it says really. I've hit yet ANOTHER issue with this blasted care agency. I had a lovely Occupational Therapist visit and she has arranged for lots of new equipment, one of which is a wheeled shower chair to reduce the amount of walking and rushed unsteady on feet walking. I advised the care ...