[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi HoneyBadger, I've long since given up the headache of trying to work out how the medical profession works. It's a huge mystery. I understand that they do not want to give antibiotics for no reason but it does seem they go to the opposite extreme. I've managed to get an apt for the 31st October wi...
I hate to say it but I doubt the Dr's would learn even if that happened, they just don't seem to be at all interested, it's too much of an inconvience to not only go to work but see patients too.
Send it electronically oh that made me giggle, I'm surprised they even print a prescription let alone send it electronically. Even repeats are done on paper. They have to find someone to sign a script then put it in a basket to be collected from the signers room to go to reception where the chemist ...
Hmmm the District Nurse idea is a good one, I am going to ring and ask for referral, Nan has retained fluid and for several years had dry skin until the cream was changed and I nagged any carers who did the shower to put it on very liberally. If it's easy to get more than once then that makes me fee...
I had no idea it could be that easy. I am really good at feeling guilty though so try my hardest not to make a fuss unless I have no choice, I am def considering that. Thank you

OH wow I had never heard of the CCG, that's incredible thank you so much.
Firstly well done on telling us, from experience I know that's the hard bit. However sadly it's going to get a bit harder. You are going to have to report the carer and suck up the fall out. It may mean taking a few days or weeks from work but I promise once it's sorted the stress will have been wor...
Slightly confused what is a CCCG? I have a carers health check at the surgery next month so will raise it with them. I have in the past contacted practice manager and things improved slightly for a while. I will try that too. I hadn't thought of A&E although I did consider out of hours GP. I just do...
Does anyone have any tips for actually seeing a Dr or getting a Dr to visit a caree who can't get to the surgery? I've done the obvious in phoning up and asking but don't get anywhere. Let me start from the beginning. For the second time since late June early July, Nan's legs are purpley/red and bri...
Thank you, about to email as STILL waiting on the OT! OH dear it all seems such hassle.
It is possible but there's a tendency for the carers to then go by the book, there is talk of the care manager doing an unannounced spot check. We have discussed that when the worse carer is back from leave I will always be here so that the care manager can walk in without knocking and alerting the ...