[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You definitely need to appeal. Make sure you check the paperwork, as there is a limited amount of time you have to do this in. The thing that tends to really swing things in your favour is having a professional, whether it be a social worker or doctor/nurse/phsio, confirm how the claimants disabilit...
Hi Simon Sorry we seem to have been so late replying your first post - we are here really ;) I hope you have had a chance to have a browse through the forum and get an idea of what we are all about. Would you like to share some info about your caring situation? Then we might be able to signpost you ...
Hi Wendy I just wanted to offer up a hello and maybe a little ray of light. I look after my son, who has severe mental health issues, and I feel lost, frustrated and bleak at times too. It really is an emotional rollercoaster, and things can and will get better. That is not to say there won't be tim...
Hi Sally Firstly welcome. I am sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time, but that does seem to be the reason so many of us congregate together on here - the course of caring never does seem to run smooth :roll: None of us are superheroes, none of us have secret powers or special tricks to...
Lol - BB, this is one of the funniest "gremlins" I have ever come across :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Rebecca Having your loved one sectioned a long way from you is really tough - my son was 75 miles away. He was on a section 2, which they initially said may be extended to a section 3, but he was actually only in for 6 weeks in the end. The best way I found of maintaining contact was to find out ...
Hi Jackie I look after my son, who has psychosis, and he has been in hospital twice in the last 9 months. I also take medication for anxiety, depression and migraines. Hospital to me is like a mixed blessing - I get a break from the day to day pressure, but it also brings with it its extra layer of ...
You rant away Amanda - we get a rough deal as carers. Are you getting any help at all?
Hi Sam Welcome to the forum. I think many of us recognise the feeling of exhaustion, and that reaching out for help seems like banging your head against a brickwall and that it is adding to your load. I know for us, it felt like the assessment process took forever, and was just irritatingly a drain ...
It was really great and helped me loads. I hope they announce a start date for the next course soon.