[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Fantastic news Mezz. Enjoy your weekend :D And remember, always here if you need a chat x
Do copy your MP in - mine did actually intervene after we had been pushed from pillar to post for 6 months over a school place, by asking the Local Authority bigwigs to report directly to him on progress.
What about someone dancing in the rain? It comes from one of my current favourite inspirational quotes:

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”
Vivian Greene
Thanks for bringing it to our attention Ash - I have spread the word in the MH circle in the East of Kent and completed it myself already :D
I have 2 that really stick out (for very different reasons). The first was a trip to Deal Castle, followed by a picnic on the beach, when I was about 7. The boys thought it was hilarious to pick up jellyfish on their spades and chase after us with them. Not sure whether it was a major contributing f...
Hi D Sorry you have been unable to get through to the adviceline. They get very busy, so it is usually better to drop them an email with your contact details and your query, and someone will get back to you. You have come to the right place for peer support. We may all come from different areas of c...
Me and my son have quite a good relationship now, though it is not always that way, especially when he is gripped by psychosis; he tends to think I am part of a plan to kill him, so he becomes very defensive, and sometimes aggressive. As part of the work we have done with his CPN over the last year,...
Hi Mezz It's really easy to over analyse every little situation sometimes when you are looking after someone with a mental health condition (I know that when I am stressed or anxious, I think I "see" indicators, maybe because I have learnt to associate that slight spike in adrenaline with my son's i...
Hi Robin So nice to hear from you again and that things are starting to sound a little more positive. It really is a fine line we tread as carers, and we are never going to get it right all the time. As long as you don't beat yourself up for it, and can continue to hold on to hope, I am sure things ...
Hi Lesley Welcome to the forum. I care for two of my five children (one with a mental health issue, the other with a physical disability), so completely at the other end of the spectrum to you, but I can sympathise with the spending hours in hospitals, waiting to be seen by yet another doctor :roll:...