I always ways did everything for my mother, trying desperately to please her, in the hope that one day she would show some love or even care towards me and my children. I could write a book about the way she has treated us, not all mothers are lovely! As a mother myself I would go to the ends of the...
I have cared for my son who has downs, ADHD, autism, under active thyroid.... For 25 years, from the age of 20. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with very severe rheumatoid arthritis which has had a major impact on my caring role (and life in general) so my lovely hubby now cares for me and our son aswe...
Hi bowling bun My life's not too bad, it could be worse lol. We love our son very much but he can be sooo much hard work sometimes. It just gets a bit tiring and monotonous after 25 years caring. I can't claim carers allowance as I get ESA as I suffer from severe rheumatoid arthritis. We are in the ...
Oh dear, snap! I am the main carer ( since I was 20) of our son who is 25 now, he has Down's syndrome, ADHD, underactive thyroid and I suspect autism. I have had severe rheumatoid arthritis for 11 years, adding to the already difficult task of caring. Being a full time carer to someone with severe l...
Hi
My 20 year old son has just started driving lessons paid for by our local carers centre (£500) as he helps to care for his severely disabled brother. This was not to benefit the disabled person but to give the carer an opportunity to do something for himself. Hope this helps.
Lesley
Hi If you feel you are entitled to dla higher rate then contact them and say there has been a change in care needs and they will send you are new form. However, be very careful because in some circumstances people have in fact had their dla reduced! My son has downs, ADHD, autism, underactive thyroi...