Hi folks, can anyone offer advice please. After a very unsuccessful respite care visit, (my son went missing for two hours and found by police, no one at respite noticed he was missing... Long story) I am reluctant to let my son go again but we have a two week holiday booked for July. I asked his so...
If I remember rightly, you can share caring and therefore share the allowance. You could just 'give' her brother his share. I'm sure this is correct, you may want to check it out.
Stay strong and be firm. Your own physical and mental health must prevail over others. Xx
My mother is the queen of selfishness. I have a severely disabled son who she had never lifted one finger to help, when I begged her for help because I couldn't cope she told me 'you had him you look after him'. Ive had severe rheumatoid arthritis for 12 years which leaves me on some days unable to ...
I am a carer. I am two people. I speak for myself.... I speak for my son. I think for myself.... I think for my son. I act for myself.... I act for my son. I dress myself.... I dress my son. I clean for myself.... I clean for my son. I cook for myself....I cook for my son. I shop for myself..... I s...
This is a long post so apologies in advance. It is also a brief outline due to word constraints. Hi folks, I have just experienced what is every parents worst nightmare and I'm distraught. My 25 year old son has Down's syndrome, ADHD and autism, has very high support needs and I have severe rheumato...
Bowling bun, Thankyou for your pm. I have sent a reply.
Like I said, thanks for your support !
Eun Your response is exactly the reason why many carers do not ask for support, for fear of being accused of getting something for nothing or which they do not deserve. Scrounges I believe the term is. I too get "sod all" being a carer and it took me 5 year to get respite. If being given £500 for he...
I believe it's yearly, however my understanding was that you applied to your local carers centre. Don't know about gp but would be interested to know. Bowling bun - believe it or not, I suffer from severe rheumatoid arthritis and really struggle to care for my son, hubby and other children are inval...