[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My daughter is concerned that I will soon be at the point where I can't cope with caring for my husband. Some days he can't stand and I have to lift him from the recliner onto the commode chair and back again - often 10 or 12 times a day and my back is aching more and more. I am 69 and my husband, w...
A Baby alarm is great when my husband and I are indoors. When I need to go into the garden or the garage, we use a wireless doorbell - he has the push button to use if he needs me, and I carry round the part that rings.
The caring agency send one carer to me and expect me to help them with lifting my husband. When the carer visits a caree who lives alone, then a second carer accompanies her to help with lifting. It occurs to me that the person living alone, and my husband, will be charged the same amount for care a...
Thanks Bowlingbun - you are so good at replying to posts quickly and with good advice :D
I did wonder if I was over-reacting, but you have made me see I do need to make a complaint and ask for this particular person to be removed from my rota.
we have several different agency carers attending my husband twice a day. Most of them are fantastic but one is really care-less - not with the way she deals directly with my husband, but with her hygiene standards. For instance she throws his clean clothes on the bathroom floor every morning before...
I have had an OT assessment and we have been supplied with a commode on wheels, chair & bed risers, and a walking frame and belt. The problem with leaving caree on his own is that he has bowel problems and can't get onto the commode from the chair without assistance, and although he wears a pad, he ...
thank you Starfish for your hugs, much appreciated. Husband was very demonstrative while in hospital, but now he's home he doesn't want any hugs or kisses.
I have had six weeks respite while my husband has been in hospital and although I am pleased for him to now be home, my respite care didn't come this morning so I am really fed up and disappointed. He can't walk and can barely stand so I find just getting him from the chair to the commode is a strug...
Welcome to the forum, JessTheCat. I am so pleased that you are being helped by members replies, and that you are now relieved of some of the pressure while your mother is in hospital. I think your idea of highlighting the parts of the replies that mean the most to you, is great. Stay strong and keep...
thank you all for your replies and for the link :)