[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you Jenny and bowling bun. Bowling bun... I did have five days away last week with hubby and ten year old grandson Max. Before we went I WAS concerned at Mum's deterioration over the last month or so and because she has always strongly refused to go for respite I asked the GP to visit to see i...
Hi again Jenny. On the odd occasion I have just spoken to her when she's pressed the pendant. But she always wants me to go over and gets more distressed when I say I can't. (Yes, I probably could and a couple of weeks ago i went in the middle of the night a few times to sort her out. But I returned...
Hi Jenny. I think mum probably pressed the pendant because she wanted me! She has said before that it's there to get in touch with me!! It must be awful when you're 91 and on your own, even though it is your choice, especially at night. And in your head you can't understand why your daughter can't l...
Thank you Bowling Bun and Jenny for your replies and advice re Mum. Mum is becoming more mentally and physically frail but still has a fighting spirit and obviously some mental capacity! Tonight she pressed the pendant alarm again at about half eleven! The pendant people phoned me to say that she ha...
It's me again. Ten past midnight and my phone has just rung! Its the pendant alarm people saying that mum has pressed the pendant and wants me!!! When will this end?!? I've told them I don't want to ring her as she will want me to go over (six mile car drive on my nightie!!) Anyway they said not to ...
I feel.like a very hard woman!! Reason?? I am going on holiday for five days with my husband and ten year old grandson and leaving behind my Mum who WILL NOT go anywhere for respite whilst we are away. I asked the GP to visit/see if he could persuade her. He said that when he spoke to her she was no...
Brilliant!!! Those extra pounds saved every month will help in some way towards care costs. Xx
Alexander, as I understand it you have to have a Severe Mental Impairment (dementia) as well as qualifying for AA before being entitled to be fully exempt from paying council tax (or 25% reduction if living with someone). Hope this makes sense. X
My mother lives in West Yorkshire and when I applied for exemption of council tax they also needed evidence of when she first received attendance allowance. This is so that they can work out how much refund a person is entitled to. I didn't have the original letters re AA so just phoned them to ask ...
Thank you bowling bun. The laugh is that mum hasn't even made a will!!!! When I organised the lasting power of attorney the solicitor said there was no need for her to make a will as I am her only child and will automatically inherit!?! Re her recent TIA. The doctor referred her to the local stroke ...