[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Sally, So sorry to hear of your situation and I can see how hard it must be for you to have quality time together . If your husband is in agreement to move elsewhere I certainly think it would best for you to discuss in the first instance with your doctor and/or the district nurse team if they...
Pet. My heart goes out to you as it must be much more difficult when it is your husband who has the dementia. Two of my friends are going through the same ordeal as you. Two other friends also experienced thia awful disease with their late husbands. I tell anyone who will listen about this brilliant...
Thank you Mrs Average, bowling bun and Pet . Will try the flower routine also tell her I'm going for a short walk and hope that she's in a better mood when I return!! I actually did walk away for ten minutes yesterday. Went and washed up in the small kitchenette. The carers said I can wash up any ti...
P.S. I'm a seventeen minute drive away from the nursing home , fifteen minutes if no traffic hold ups!! Xx
Oh Jenny I have told mum that the doctors say she needs 24 hour care and that there is no way I can look after her 24 hourly but she just does NOT understand!! (I'm now 72 to her 92!!!! ) She calls me a traitor, that she will come back and haunt me and that I will have it on my conscience that I hav...
Thank you Jacqueline for your kind thoughts. Mum actually smiled at me when I visited today and the first half hour of my visit went well. Reminiscing about her old neighbour from seventy years ago! ! But then it started!!!!!! Just going on and on about why she's there etc etc. Tried making her a cu...
PS Bowlingbun. 're Continuing Care. I am sure i will have a fight on my hands but I am still going to try! And yes, I only realised the other day, after reading something either on this site or it might have been the Alzheimer's site that pension is not lost when continuing care is awarded. These tw...
Thank you all for your kind replies. Mum does understand that she is in a nursing home although can't remember transferring there from hospital just over a week ago. She also does know where her home is. Unfortunately she does not have the capacity to understand that she now needs more care than I c...
After spending four weeks in hospital because of suffering hallucinations /dehydration mum has now been transferred to permanent care in a nursing home. But she is so unhappy demanding to go home all the time. A big part of me wants /wishes that she could go home. She is quite 'with it' even though ...
Bowlingbun is so right Jo The first time I got carers in was when my mother refused point blank at the last minute to go in for a short stay whilst we went on holiday. She had agreed to the short stay and I'd done everything to prepare for it as in labelling all her clothes etc etc. In the event I o...