[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Also no one mentioned attendance allowance!! A tax free social security benefit which isn't means tested and is for people over the age of 65 who need help with personal care . Telephone 0800 7310122 for application form. As far as I know (unless the rules have been changed!) successful claims are b...
Hi Monica. It might be an idea to request your husband's hospital records for the times he's been in hospital before and during his present admission. I requested my mother's hospital records for when she had been a patient during last December/prior to bring admitted to a nursing home on discharge....
Yes!! Get someone to help you fill in the AA form asap!!!! I think there is a section which has also to be signed by the GP. (There was years ago!) Anyway, just make sure it's YOU who posts it on to AA people. Dont rely on GP posting it! I know of a case where the GP fotgot to post it!!! If hubby is...
PPS attendance allowance is in the patients name , NOT in the name of the carer. X good luck. X
Also, another point to rember is NHS Continuing Health Care. . This is Free funding (depending on outcome of assessment) . Again NOT MEANS TESTED PLEASE "Google " . You really need to know about it.. Ask your local social services for the assistance of a social worker who will be able to assist you....
Don't forget about Attendance Allowance which is a TAX FREE social security benefit which IS NOT MEANS TESTED (doesn't matter if you have won the lottery!!!) and is for people over the age of 60 who need help with personal care. The telephone number to ask for a claim form is 0800 7310122.. Kind reg...
PS THE DRESSING TO LEG WAS COVERING A WOUND WHICH HAD BEEN THERE FOR SEVEN YEARS!!!!!
Thanks Chris and bowling bun . Will keep you updated. The home my mum is in is excellent and all the staff really caring. It is one of the more expensive ones in the area and I wouldn't mind having to pay a small contribution if I have to. Just want to do best by mum. I've already disputed the first...
Hi every one. Mum has had the DST and I've been told verbally that she qualifies for CHC!!!! Just waiting for confirmation in writing. There is just one thing I'm concerned about. I've read somewhere that there are different levels of CHC as in standard and enhanced so won't know until they tell me ...
Bowling bun and Pet, thank you both so much for replying to my post and your kind advice. It's so good to know that there are people on this site who totally understand.. I am able to look at mum's care plan etc on the internet and yesterday she was very agitated wanting me and asking staff where he...