[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Gloria. Such good advice from all the kind people on this forum, I really can't think of anything to add. One thing did spring to mind though. Is there a Women's Institute in your area? If there is and when you're feeling up to it that might be a good idea to join them. A neighbour(72 year old) o...
Sorry Simon. Should have said AA for your DAD.. Attendance Allowance and continuing health care is for the person who is ill. Not for the carers.
Hi Simon. I would certainly be obtaining power of attorney for your father. Much bettercto do it now whilst he hss capacity to agree. Also do you know about Attendance Allowance for your mum. Also you need to familiarise yourself with Continuing Health Care if you don't already know about it. Google...
Hi Karen. Ramble on as much as you like.! ! It's very therapeutic!!!!! And we're all here to listen and offer any advice we can. One thing I've thought of is does your mum receive attendance allowance. She would, I'm sure, certainly qualify from what you have told us. It's a tax free social security...
P.S. sorry should have added that mum did not have to pay for the bed and you shouldn't have to as well.
My mum is in a nursing home and has been issued with a special profiling bed because of her needs. Severe osteoporosis. Vertebrae gone at nearly every level. Skin over spine very thin and now broken and sore. Please also ask for a Continuing Health Care assessnent. The home should be able to point y...
Hi again Davina. Glad some one mentioned disregard of council tax. A person can get this if they are in receipt of attendance allowance, live alone and also been diagnosed with dementia. Ring the council tax people and see what the procedure is. I got it for my mum and also a refund of about £2000. ...
Thank you again Chris. Me and my eleven year old grandson will take a bag of food to our local salvation army tomorrow in lieu of your commission!! Ever you ever watched the film "Pay it Forward" I think it was called. Basically about doing a good deed for someone and they in turn do a good deed for...
You are a star Chris!!!! Yes you probably should be on commission for all the CHC postings you do but unfortunately as I don't have your personal details I will just send you my virtual "last Rolo" and hope that will suffice!! (FLIPPING HECK. ..CAN'T FIND A VIRTUAL TUBE OF ROLO'S TO SEND YOU... NEED...
Hi Chris. My mum has recently been awarded CHC. I have a copy of of the DST and also a letter of confirmation. I also received a letter from the care home acknowledging my mum has been awarded the CHC and saying that the funding from CHC is £725.34 a week and that their next invoice (from the care h...