Ladies thank you. The care home agrees with you and me, it's the doctor who has it wrong which isn't reassuring! I'm off to see him tomorrow!
Again thank you for such speedy replies.
Tracy
About five years ago, maybe a little more, my mum had a DNR notice put on her medical records because she didn't want to be resuscitated if her heart failed or if she stopped breathing. Mum now has vascular dementia but still wants this to remain on her records. She is in a care home and they prefer...
My mum has vascular dementia and although at times I find it very difficult living in her world as the book suggests it also works far better than the alternatives. I try to keep things vague on anything we discuss so that when the conversation is repeated over and over it is easy to say the same th...
Hi Irene Find out if you have a local carers association, your social services department should have the details, and give them a ring. I am not caring at the moment but I know how draining and difficult it can be. If you can find something to be just for you then it will definitely help even if it...
Hi Sheila Are there any day care centres that your husband could attend even one day a week? When my mum went they came and picked her up and brought her home. She paid £3.00 each way and it meant she was independent of us for her entire day out. It would also give your husband something of his own ...
Hi Irene, Yes, it could be, but only because a stroke can lead to the onset of vascular dementia. You need to ask your doctor to refer your husband to the memory clinic (at least that's what it's called here), and they will do various tests to at least guide you in the right direction. Once that is ...
Hi Rod, Would it be possible for your dad to go into respite care for the 4 weeks? There would probably be Christmassy things going on to distract him but he would be back home before the 'big' day. It might also give him an insight into what residential care is like but with a going home day includ...
Maz1963 wrote:Thanks Tracey for the CA link. I am too honest for my own good sometimes (!) so will notify them she's in hospital.
Hi Maz
I know what you mean, I told them right off too.
Glad you are finding yourself again.
Take care
Tracy
Hi Maz, I have just had my ca stopped after telling them about a change in circumstances and so thought I would post the address for you. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance-report-change It is stopped immediately and then they write to tell you they've investigated and your circumstances have chang...
Hi Stuart, What a difficult situation you are in and although I don't think I can help very much I'm sure I read on here somewhere about advocates who can fight your corner with you and who are, obviously, not emotionally involved in the case. It seems ridiculous to me that the appeal goes to the sa...