Hi Yvette If I could give one piece of advice to anyone not sure about having an elderly relative come live with them it would be don't do it. I appreciate some people have no doubts and find it a worthwhile rewarding thing to do but others will find it a depressing, discouraging, never ending chore...
Hi BB and Jenny I have set a few ground rules for mum but she forgets them straight away and this is only the first full day :shock: hopefully as I keep repeating things it will sink in a bit. I love that quote Jenny I should get it framed :lol: The new bedroom doesn't have the TV set up yet, hopefu...
Hi Susie I am glad you are feeling better after your op, it is a scary time. We both know we are at the beginning of a long road but so far at least we have talked and helped each other both before and after the surgery. My husband is also diabetic and so anything 'fruit' has to be limited. I allowe...
Hi Jenny Unfortunately mum and I are very similar in that while neither of us takes help very easily we both offer it whenever we think it's needed and so I do bristle a bit when she offers her assistance! I am determined this time however, to let her do certain things that are just a bit of a chall...
Mum has been here for two days now but my husband got an infection and so, pending today's blood test results, should finally be coming home this afternoon :D Mum is so much better than she was with regard to what she can and can't do but I am already tearing my hair out with the comments and the mi...
Yep both on the same day unless my husband gets discharged on Sunday. There was supposed to be a fortnight between them but the surgery was postponed twice! I have to say in all ways other than the dementia my mum has come on in leaps and bounds since October, she no longer stays in bed all day, she...
I have been quiet on here for a while as I wasn't actively caring however, from Monday that all changes again. My mum, who has vascular dementia, will be returning from the care home she has been in since October. It was originally supposed to be for a week while we had a holiday but my husband had ...
Hi Isabell
Try this website. It has a link to who is eligible and the application form. Hope it helps.
Tracy

https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/how-to-claim
I have that, it is enlightening in an easy to read style.
Tracy
Hi Bracken,
I hope you get some help, this is a great place to rant or enquire and, as you have done, read and learn.
Take care
Tracy