[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Seems no worse than carers forums where people are always trying to push their political convictions and social policy dogma down our throats Image
Hi Teresa- sorry to hear of your rotten situation. I can't see why getiing a divorce should be problematic- surely you have grounds for a divorce because of your husband's unreasonable behaviour?
I'll look out for that- I think one of the newsagents in town stocks the JOG journal. Well done to your old Dad- I just love feisty old buggers who will have a go Image
<t>Orkney Council tried to get rid of it's wardens a couple of years ago. There was public condemnation and one resident made a legal challenge and won on the grounds that the council had not made proper consultation with the residents. Red faces all round at the council offices and chambers . A jud...
Except what we now have is a two-tier system where if you use an agency to provide the same service, the staff must have appropriate training, are subject to care quality standards, etc., etc., while there is no such protection if you employ someone directly. What protection? All these rules and re...
<t>Inspector Jack Frost was caring for his terminally ill wife in the very first episode - Victor Meldrew's nosey neighbour was a carer ( Coming, Mother !) and I can think of quite a few dramas where the main character had caring responsibilities which really just featured in passing. We probably do...
I have clocked up 26 years too - do we get a medal? Image
I don't know if it has come to the attention of you lot south of the Border that Dundee University academic Sue Rabbitt Roff ( do they make these names up?) has proposed that students and other "poor" people should be able to sell thair kidneys to fund their education and pay off their debts. She ha...
<t>Living up here, cold callers are something of a rarity. We do get the JWs now and again (they get everywhere) and the odd double glazing salesman. We have local reps for charity collections and they always advertise locally before they come calling so we have money at the ready! I won't give my b...
We bought an ex motobility car from a dealer too- a real bargain. We didn't know it was an ex motobilty car car till we got the log book- in future we shall make a point of asking dealers if they have any.