[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Nice to see you posting again Lil r. I have been mulling your problems over as the parent of grown up children. If one of my sons became disabled I would not want to be seen to be intruding in their lives with their partners. Your in laws obviously have great faith in you and at the end of the da...
Not here in Scotland, well not yet, personal care is free. But I can see much point forcing people to contribute to their direct payment, it sounds very controlling, quite the opposite of whats intended. What happens if the client refuses to pay? Actually Scally personal care is only free for the o...
BENG.I`ts the gypsy name for the devil,i can call someone a Beng without even swearing.
Is that true? If so I shall have to be careful as -my husband has those letters after his name- with Honours Image
I've just listened to Richard Herring's Objective on Radio 4 i player. A satirical comedy discussion on disability this week. Well worth a listen- it's available for 3 more days.
<t>I have read the articles relating to this and it looks as if the landlord is reacting to the behaviour of other customers who he claims are being put off attending the sessions and this could affect his business. The carers of the young men also have a responsibility to teach the young men approp...
<t>Parsifal is correct re kinship carers. Social Services are happy to just foist off children to a willing and capable relative just as they are happy to exploit family carers. As I understand it, a relative would only get help if they became official foster parents and/ or the child was deemed at ...
You can get electric heated muffs- I saw one in the brochure we got our electric back heat pad from. They are every safe - they only stay on for a limited period so no chance of overheating.
I meant tiles on the floor around the toilet or just a bit of lino around the bog. I have a square around the bogs separating it from the rest of the flooring. Be wary of having all your your bathroom in lino - very slippy!
Having 3 sons I have always had tiles around the toilet, well sealed at the base of the loo for easy cleaning. Even blokes who stand up are often rotten shots Image
Everyone pays tax, income tax, VAT, death duties, petrol, tobacco and alcohol duties, corporation tax, whatever. Yes, the rich pay less tax as a % of their income than middle earners, and that is wrong. But, all these services are funded by us, and I find that empowering. We the voters own and run ...