[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Dear NLC<br/> <br/> I'm so sorry to read such a distressing story involving so much stress and worry for you all.<br/> <br/> It's crazy that in a rich, developed country, we should be scared to go to hospital!<br/> <br/> I've been discussing this in another forum and these are some of the conclus...
<t>Many thanks fluffycat - I will certainly look into the info you've given me. I wonder why BME are shy to chat? It would really help if more BME did open up - there is a lack of feedback and experiences that are specifically culturally based and this, in turn, would improve resources and availabil...
<t>Many thanks Coffee,<br/> <br/> The more important aspect of my query is the care of asians rather than the carer themself being asian (just a presumption that they would be). I wanted to find out about asians' experience of respite care in an asian setting. Did you have that experience?<br/> <br/...
<t>Many thanks Ann for your support. I'm sorry you don't have your parents anymore.<br/> <br/> I am very protective of mum (overly so probably) so I do tend to worry a lot and it's a big deal to put mum into respite. It's really hard when someone doesn't have the capacity to understand or agree to t...
<t>Hi Conned,<br/> <br/> I'm really pleased that you managed to get one week's respite - it must have flown by! And that your cousin enjoyed the home. It must have been a difficult week for you though and you must have been worrying at the same time how things were going.<br/> <br/> I do really appr...
<t>Are there any Indian/Asian carers who access this forum?<br/> <br/> I ask because I am (I look after my mum) and I haven't come across any others so any responses and stories would be gratefully received, particularly if you have arranged respite care for your relative - ie a care home so you cou...
<t>Many thanks for your help.<br/> <br/> My problem is that mum would not go voluntarily into respite and she would have to be sedated and 'dumped' there. She would not understand why she was going into a home and that I would not be around for a while. I do not like the idea of doing this to her an...
<t>Many thanks for your replies. It appalls me that you've had bad experiences and confirms my worst fears. I'm also, however, full of utmost admiration after hearing what you, your friends and your relatives have gone through and how you've even helped other patients on the wards - true heroism!<br...
Thanks for your welcome Myrtle - I hope you're right and others can help me.
<t>I wanted to also create another thread, asking people what their experiences have been of hospital care for their relatives, specifically care received by the very vulnerable, ie mentally ill, blind, learning difficulties etc.<br/> <br/> I ask because I worry about the future when I know mum will...