[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
PS, has anyone experienced their carees having low urine output, even with increasing fluids, and did there need to be any intervention when this happened?
<t>Thank you all SO MUCH for all very helpful replies. It's so good to know that there are others who know this problem. I had been doing some research on google but not much help. I've tried different drinks and am trying 'wetter' foods but I got very anxious yesterday when I saw mum's urine output...
<t>Does anyone here have experience of dehydration or trying to encourage their caree to drink more fluids. My mother has very little thirst nowadays and it's a struggle to get her to drink enough. I'm not aware of any physical reason for this but, I found out that as you get older, your thirst can ...
Did anyone see yesterday's heartbreaking Dispatches programme on palliative care? It was extremely difficult to watch. Another confirmation that hospitals are not safe places as they are intended to be. But we all know how poor hospital care can be, especially for the elderly.
Has anyone tried one of these and would they recomend them?

Thanks
<t>Dear Carolina,<br/> <br/> My heart went out to you and your mum when I read your initial post. It's a terrible time you've both been having. <br/> <br/> I know pain relief is tiered and doctors tend to be very reluctant to prescribe anything other than paracetamol unless it's a severe condition, ...
<t>I really hope things are sorted out for your mum. I really feel for her so much. It reminded me of my dad who, before he died this year, had a year of numerous hospital admissions and he hated having to go. The amount of blood tests he had during one year! I always used to nag him to go and have ...
<t>Thank you to all of your for your full replies. I know there are many carers out there and I know that isolation is extremely common but I specifically wanted to find someone in a similar situation to mine as I don't know anyone who is.<br/> <br/> Sandysea, although I agree that, to a certain ext...
<t>Does anyone's caring situation mimic mine?<br/> <br/> I look after my mum who is 74, is blind and has long standing schizophrenia. My father died in Feb this year and I'm sole carer - no family in this country and no partner.<br/> <br/> I do have help but I cannot leave mum alone unless I have so...
These feelings of depression are so common when you are a carer. You're stuck in a routine, with no escape a lot of the time. But do share your thoughts there and there will always be someone to listen and offer you a shoulder to cry on. If you don't feeling like chatting, it's fine too.