[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I just wanted to thank everyone for their enthusiasm for this idea. I'm not online that often but it's heartening to hear others wanting to try and get a similar scheme implemented by their Trusts. It's not always easy to do this - in my case it helped that the Director of Nursing wanted to set u...
Myrtle, that's great - hope you get a positive response. Malc, improvement of dementia care has to be a primary focus for all Trusts, especially after the National Dementia Strategy. However, unfortunately, it can take some time to train everyone, especially doctors and the like - usually, the nursi...
I just wanted to let other carers know that Barnet and Chase Farm Trust have recently introduced a patient carer badge scheme which allows carers the opportunity to stay or visit their carees out of official visiting hours. The system is facilitated by Barnet PALS who issue the badges, but it is the...
thank you all very much for your replies. At least I'm not the only one in this boat. No easy answers for anyone of us - I will persevere for the time-being.
Thanks but it's no good asking mum what she wants from a day centre - she simply doesn't want to go. Changing the daycentre wouldn't solve the problem either - there would be new people there who would need to get to know her and vice versa.

Thanks though.
<t>I posted this elsewhere in this forum but just found this mental health section so am posting again here as it is more appropriate.<br/> <br/> My mum has schizophrenia and goes to a day centre once a week but HATES it. She's been going for 20 years and there is no difference in her reaction from ...
<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> My mother is 74 and has been diagnosed with schizophrenia since 1989 although she had it for longer than that. She is also blind which makes the schiz worse. I am her carer and live with her. Over the years, she has been on various meds which have all had side effects. <br/> <br/> ...
<t>My mum has schizophrenia and goes to a day centre once a week but HATES it. She's been going for 20 years and there is no difference in her reaction from then and now. There is no reason why she hates it apart from the fact that she doesn't want to leave home and go somewhere different where they...
Dear Echo, It's truly shocking how much you have all suffered as a result of a monstrous act by a completely selfish and nasty waste of space. You have been very resourceful and tried everything I know to help your situation but I wondered if you have been in touch with any brain injury charities li...
Thanks Bertiebear - I'll bear this in mind.