[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hello. <br/> I have recently joined here too !.<br/> Respite care for us has been wonderful.I look after 2 relations, , the S/W for the over 60's came to see my 84 yr old cousin and suggested respite care.I was very concerned that my cousin would not agree but the way in which the lady suggested ...
Hello and WELCOME from another new member.
The advice I received is common sense, but it sometimes needs others to tell us !.I admire you.. Good Luck to you.
Conned.
<t>THANK YOU KEN.am going to look<br/> <br/> Thanks to all for welcomes.<br/> <br/> Today S/W has rung and asked me to put my thoughts in writing by explaining the situation.I have just done so... will let you know any results.<br/> <br/> Apparantly they are looking into giving the cousin another £...
<t>Hello again, thank you for all the replies.<br/> They tell me that £66 a week is his living allowance.<br/> , Privvate funding is granted by S/S to every handicapped person on the IOW. If they cannot manage their money then someone is an Appointee, i.e. now it is myself who will work in Cousins ...
<t>Twenty years ago I looked after an old Aunt and Uncle, she was doubly incontinent and senile, he was blind with Parkins.As I stood to gain a lot of money and was told by the nursing home doctor they had 3 and 6 months to live,we altered our home with a chair lift etc and moved them in (oh YES I h...
<t>Susie, THANK YOU for talking to me.<br/> His Mum is nearly 85, would like to take over my kitchen, except she cannot stand long, has dirty habits and is not capable in looking after him. She doles out money to him, is just about to put £10,000 in his bank account .Athough he is said to be severe...
<t>Thank you Mike... you are probably the straight talker I need this morning !! BUT no one can tell me within S/S what is a fair rent and board... We are fortunate in that we have been able to work all our lives and not have to rely on benifits , and I don't say that smugly. I keep the son for £10...
<t>Thank you SO much for the replies.You can guess the name of my rellie !.<br/> A S/w told me today there is nothing they can do to get me any help. Cousins S/W comes tomorrow so may be able to give me more respite. Unfortunately it doesn't help me ...not with day to day expenses.<br/> <br/> I hope...
Hello Ken.
I admire you , we only have one Mother.How do your family feel though?, your children and wife ? I find mine resent what I do sometimes and I get torn between the lot of them !!.
You take care, you are only 4 yrs older than my own son.
from " Conned"
<t>Hello everyone.<br/> I have been reading the messages here and the remarkable stories , my empathy is with all carers.As an only child I have walked this way for years, always been a carer in one form or another.<br/> <br/> This is my tale. I need friends to talk to who understand.<br/> In 2005 w...