[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi NanaNana I had to leave my job due to my caring responsibilities and like you, I only discovered there was a Carers Allowance after 5 years into caring! I was totally unaware of it; so lost a lot of money. Like many young couples we had a mortgage to pay and were one wage short making life very d...
Hi Londonbound I see you have also tried to gain support of various agencies but to no avail! Well done you for trying though. I have tried too many times only to hit a brick wall; no one cares! I find the couple of Carers groups where I live offer very little, their main concern is to secure their ...
Received this e-mail today. All information can be found on backto60 website. How grass root trade unionists are backing 1950s women to get back their pension' David Hencke piece in Union News Here Joanne Welch Founder & Director Backto60.com @2020Comms 07729 625784 Press enquiries ONLY to: hello@ba...
Hi Cloudygirl

I would call it "emotional blackmail" by an uncaring government. They know that a Carer will not leave their Caree at the door of the Social Services, NHS or The Councils.

Regards
Hi Maine I have to say I agree with most of your post, however I resent this statement: It's not a case of no-one cares about unpaid carers... it's a case that many will not stand up for themselves either. Mainly because they believe 'they will get nowhere'... What I have written is a generalisation...
Hi Joe I've been a Carer for 32 years now and in the last 5 years care for my Husband too. Like many here, I have to be available around the clock, often going out in the middle of the night to my Son's home too. Despite their problems, I know they both appreciate all I do for them which is good to ...
Hi bowlingbun It seems that many people are not thinking or not considering people with disabilities and or anyone else for that matter/social distancing. The mobile phone is a great invention and one many rely on for help however it does appear to take people away from the here and now; so they are...
Hi Melly1 So you understood my plight! I see Spar did something about it though and that's good that they recognised the difficulties some people face. Last week once again we went for our walk, this time the ice cream shop had put a tape alongside the front of their shop, so that people could queue...
Hi Londonbound

I agree, that in the main most people have been polite and pleasant and have kept their social distance.

However this selfish behaviour from some people is so frustrating; they don't think!

I hope that your weekend ahead will be a pleasant one.

Regards
Hi to all here I hope that your weekend is a pleasant one. Our family support worker phoned last week to enquire how we were. I made clear to her that as an unpaid Carer I feel neglected and ignored by a Government who really don't give a damn! It goes without saying that without our NHS where would...