[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Had a phone call today! guess who? yes the memory co ordinator/support worker that did not turn up 2 weeks ago, apparently she had been taken ill and no one looked at her diary. well we now have another appointment for 2 weeks time, we shall see, decided not to tell OH until the day, it will only se...
Hi Tim, crocus has given some great info there, I did the diy Power of attorney, look up the office of public guardianship and that has all the forms, and samples of what to include, I just used everything even if you think it doesn't apply to you, I also did finances and welfare which includes heal...
Huegatort I feel for you, and believe me it is worth taking your time going through the "how your disability affects you" form, take several copies if you can or make numbered notes for each question, each descriptor carries points so be careful how you word things, caravanj has kept my spirits up a...
Hi Tim, sad as it seems your mum really believes what she says, it is difficult but it may be time to get Power of Attorney if you can,especially as half the house is yours, your GP may do a mental capacity test to make sure she understands things. How is her health in general, as sometimes this con...
thanks jenny, apparently no LB does not show up on MRI scan as it is some sort of protein type thing that sticks to and destroys brain cells. Oh no never give up, I have taken him round a large garden/diy centre today to preoccupy his mind, seems to have worked as he is asleep now. oh sorry only res...
We watched a documentory on chhannel 5 last night called autopsy.... Robin Williams, it was quite frightening when the pathologist went through the signs of Lewy Body Dementia, my OH went silent and a strange air was between us, as it has been suggested he has it, but without so many symptoms, I thi...
crocus you say it so well.... I am wife first and OH carer second but I have accepted the fact that in the future I will be more of the carer role. I always refer to myself as his wife, but when it comes to officialdom, I say carer. I understand what Robert is saying that a partner is naturally expe...
Yet another minefield issue for us then? :(
thanks BB. I did learn some things about these over 50s policies, with no medical questions it is basically pay each month for a minimal payout on death! the policy we have is a sort of saver, a set ammount on death or at the age of 80 an ammount of about one third of total insured ammount. but stil...
being the wrong side of 50 both hubby and I have taken out some life insurance which covers us up to the age of 80. I asked the advisor at the company about if either of us were diagnosed with any illness or condition namely dementia in the future, do we have to inform them? he said not! so as hubby...