<t>Hi all,<br/> <br/> Just thought I'd share what I've just learned about Carers Assessment/Direct Payments for Carers. <br/> <br/> I've spent a lot of time online researching what help is available for carers, and Direct Payments kept popping up, but it seemed very unclear how to get them. It appea...
Very best of luck xxx
Hi again! Well, yesterday was a complete failure - brick wall upon brick wall. Social Services said there was no such thing as an emergency assessment. Luckily, Mum wasn't having AS terrible a day as she has been, so I held off with the ambulance route, and hoped today would be better or at least as...
<t>Hi again,<br/> Am sitting waiting for Social Services to call back, so thought I'd bash out an update, and a few other questions.<br/> I tried the Emergency social care route, again met with failure - was asked to wait til Tues. Well, we've made it to Tues, but this time, I'm going to refuse to b...
Hi all, Thanks so much for all the replies and support - it means SO much! Have finally been out food shopping - just had to risk leaving Mum for an hour and half (and felt like a pack horse afterwards!). So that's one less thing to worry about...! I didn't know there was an emergency social service...
<t>Hi all,<br/> Posted ages ago in the new members section, and have just not had any time to actually post again.<br/> I care for my Mum who is aging terribly. Her memory is going, affecting her functioning, but worse than that, she has fibromyalgia, crumbling spine, and has recently become almost ...
Thanks, everyone, for the welcome! It's so nice to know there are people out there who do actually know what I'm talking about and can actually help! Thanks for all the advice - I shall have myself a good look around and bone up on what I need to know. Oh, Mike, if only I could just walk away!! I kn...
<t>Hello all!<br/> <br/> Wow, what a great site - and what a relief to not feel so alone! I am a carer for my Mum, pretty recently, and am in the process of having my eyes forced open to what it is to be a carer. I am also a lone parent and an only child myself. My Mum has no other people able to ca...