<t>Trev - I did laugh at your initial reaction and feelings, but I so know what you mean! So many emotions and angles to this caring thing, you hardly know what's up or down.<br/> <br/> I really think there's more help out there that you can get, but if you're like me and the majority here, you didn...
<t>Hi Trev, well done on your post - I really feel for you and all you're going through, you must be run off your feet!<br/> <br/> As others have said, totally admirable, particularly while fighting your own demons internally, which I can somewhat relate to. Fought/fighting my own personal battle wi...
Again, thanks for all your support - I don't know what I'd do without this lifeline right now. paulingreece - I'm sorry I haven't replied to your post earlier, I'm all over the place at the moment, but I heard you and gain a lot of strength from those of you who HAVE walked away. And yes, I have bee...
Thanks all for your support again http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Well, another eventful day at the funny farm that is my life these days...Still feeling on High Alert at the moment, so forgive my tone. Spoke to SS again, reiterating how bloody urgent this is, then surprisingly got fac...
<t>Well, I'm back from a tortuous day... Sorry for my rant earlier, it's weirdly therapeutic to be ranting so publicly - like screaming for help, any help...! Or maybe just witnesses!<br/> <br/> The ball is in motion - I've spoken to SS and told them I'm no longer coping. They seemed surprised, as M...
Oh all of you, thankyou so much!! I have been moved to tears repeatedly reading and re-reading your comments. Feeling this heartfelt wave of support has been so fantastic for my soul - I think being a carer you spend so long isolated from the outside world, you can lose touch with what's right and w...
<t>Audrey, thankyou so much, that was such a sweet message - and very helpful too. I have a different GP to my Mother, and my GP is fantastic (and because of that, nigh on impossible to get hold of!). I realise now, I've heard it said you should talk to your GP if you're a carer, and I never have. M...
<t>Hi Nilla and Maxi, thanks for your replies.<br/> <br/> I think the mother/daughter relationship itself can be a demon to get to grips with, let alone becoming carer/caree! I feel for both of you, and can relate too.<br/> <br/> Nilla, I cringed when you said she speaks her mind so loudly in public...
<t>Hi all,<br/> <br/> Been a long time since I was last here, but here I am, asking for help again...I wish I'd been able to be a support here too. Sorry, but I'm going to ramble here, as I don't know where to start or finish.<br/> <br/> I'm a carer for my Mum who's 75. I'm 36 now, and an only child...
Thanks for the input here. Personally, I've just found it so confusing to find out about ANY help out there, let alone Direct Payments for Carers. I knew Mum could have either DPs or have services provided, but it seemed an either/or situation, I guess not? But it was certainly good to find out how ...