[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Julie - welcome to the forum.<br/> <br/> Sounds like you're at a point where you really need to make some changes and get some extra support. As Robert says, GP and Social Services are good places to start - you can have your mother's needs assessed and your own as her carer. Ask your GP to re...
<t>I had a carer's assessment three years ago when my mother first came out of hospital and I was struggling to cope with no support. I was told that the council couldn't offer me anything at all - no services, not even advice about care agencies or respite - because mother was over the financial th...
Hi Dawn Welcome to the forum. There's not much I can add by way of practical advice as it's been covered pretty comprehensively by Robert and Anne - just wanted to say you're not alone. There are plenty of us here who understand what you're going through (I look after my 80 year old mother and went ...
Welcome to the forum Daisymay - lots of lovely people here with a wealth of experience. Hope you find it useful and fun. Image
Welcome to the forum Rachie. Caring for someone with dementia can be a difficult and bewildering experience but as the others have said, there's lots of information out there about it (there's even a specific thread about it here on the forum - scroll down to the specific disabilities and conditions...
Welcome to the forum Alessandra. Lots of lovely people here who understand how you feel and are very supportive. Hope you find this site useful. Image
Pete, you are not a bad person! What you're feeling is perfectly natural under the circumstances, something that virtually all carers experience at some time or another - I know I do. And you've got the added pressures of your own health and job situation - please don't beat yourself up about it. Ca...
<t>Welcome to the forum Robert. I'm in the same situation, caring for my 80 year old mother who has dementia, and I'm there with the one man show (or one woman in my case) despite a sibling who lives near by. We can be our own worst enemies at times when it comes to asking for help - especially if t...
I agree; you can feel so isolated as a carer at times as you watch other people going about their lives, being able to do things you can't do because of caring responsibilities. It really helps to know there are others out there in the same boat. I'm in awe of the strength, resilience and humour you...
Welcome to the forum Sarah - you'll find a lot of support and friendship here from people who are in similar situations (I'm caring for my mother by myself so know what you're going through). Caring can be a lonely, frustrating old business at times so drop in and offload whenever you need to. http:...