[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I live on a fairly busy street-there's an ambulance station at the corner.Tonight,as usual,after contact,Eliot stepped into the road to go around a bus-stop.As usual,I was alone with him since the 'girls' wait in the car,radio and heater on,mobile phone busy.And yet,as I say,the protocol is that he ...
Jenny,I was actually quite pleased with myself for thinking of that one myself last night! The carer is keen on canals and want Eliot and Owen,with myself,to go on an all-day cruise.Somehow the two-hours-a-month rule can be overlooked. Generally,I have no right whatsoever to have any answers-they've...
Thanks for the reply Jenny. Eliot was taken for a walk on Sunday.Owen's with me from 10 to 3,Eliot from 3 to 8.(We're only allowed to be together as a family for two hours once a month.I sometimes get a bit envious of refugees). Owen and Eliot are held on their own in a two-man bungalow.The bungalow...
I feel as though for my son's safety,I have to call the Adult Protection Team,but when I did that under Children's Services-when Owen was running away from my wife to get back home to me-I got taken to court and was reprimanded.A councillor at the time said "Eeee.If Owen's hit by a car,they'll (i.e....
My adult son has severe autism.The current assessment,with wich I disagree is that when he's out of the unit,he must be accompanied by two adults.This means that he's confined to the unit two or three days a week. We're only allowed outside contact two hours a week bowling or walking round the local...
You'll recall that the council wouldn't allow me to have any DLA for Owen's support for the time he's with me "because you receive Carer's Allowance,which is for Owen's benefit". In despair,I eventually referred to my CA as my "wage" and the council sent a copy of the email to my city councillor and...
Thanks,Melly. I admit I get confused by some of this. It's clear that we can't leave the front door unlocked-Owen and Eliot would both go out to make sure that next-door's garden-gate is shut. But...when they're locked in at the unit,they also lose their right to come home to live with their family....
On Wednesday,someone's coming to asses us to see if the NHS will back the council's policy of seeking a full-life Deprivation of Liberty (Human Rights) Order against two of my adult sons,who have autism. History: My late wife deserted me in 2003,taking Owen and Eliot with her.Owen escaped several ti...
Yet we get another nurse who has done her best to arrange a surprise trip to the cinema in the children's hospital tomorrow for a private screening of Independence Day 2. You should have seen his face light up when he was told we are going. We seem to get really good nurses or really bad ones... Eu...