[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
BB,
Yes,that's just it! It's surprising the taste Eliot's shown over the last few years for window-shopping shoes and going for a latte...
I know I rattle on, but...Owen self-harmed while at day-care a few weeks ago. For some reason seeing some dogs set him to punching himself in the face. Despite that, the next day he came home as usual and we went out for three hours on Saturday. You would have though that perhaps protocols would hav...
Melly,thanks for posting. Owen and Eliot are unusual in that they both love variety. The example I use is the bloke who was getting rid of wasps in the loft. When he went through the living-room, O and A didn't react badly; they just looked up for a moment and then went back to what they were doing....
They have reviews, but there are two carers from the unit there, the manager too, plus the line-manager (I think). I find it impossible and humiliating to ask for favours when I know that we've got no chance. The staff have got NVQs, some sort of lower-rate ones. It seems that they're having private...
Yonks ago. They go to day care three days a week-Eliot's is in a field. (OK, it's on a farm). There's a very 'fresh air fiend ambiance about it all. Central-heating on and windows open...
I don't know the name of the place, but there was some talk of a law-suit about a woman's broken neck. We went to the psychologist a few years ago, when Eliot was nipping people, and she prescribed Risperidone. Eliot is now much calmer, but the council is keeping to the two (plus me) carers rule whe...
The council are still deciding, unilaterally, when my sons and I meet for outside contact. They allow me to go out with Eliot, who's 23, for 2 hours a week, bowling/shopping/exploring the rural environment. Last week was meant to be shopping, but the staff felt that it was inappropriate since it had...
Thanks for asking, Colin

Owen's 28 next month, Eliot's 23.

Eliot's here 750 hours a year, Owen's here 3000. Eliot gets £750 p.a. for his food etc. here, Owen gets nothing.
Well... Two of my sons are still held under what are acknowledge to be illegal court orders, and we're due back to court some time. Eliot is with me 15 hours a week, and the council, who are holding him, give me £15 a week for his needs. Owen's with me 60 hours a week, including two overnights, and ...
Hi,Melly,yes he has so I'm assuming it's for pub toilets out in the sticks. It's quite weird.On 'bowling days' if we finish an hour early,we can't walk round the precinct because it's not a looking-in-shops day.The spare hour is turned into a having-a latte hour...and we're allowed to do nothing els...