[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I as a carer fulltime for my wife she has M.S., (remit and relapse weeks ago) have found that it has got harder. The government praise in a way a carer then they kick them by not paying them a living benefit. We save the government and councils a fortune. Do we get assistance? No, just carry on and ...
If you look back over the years. The person that became disabled during working age i.e., started work then taken ill. With say M.S., or M.D., or Parkinsons just too say a few. That disabled person has always had a harder time than most. For example getting assistance with equipment or even applying...
Just a little question. I don't think I will ever get an answer. Not from any government in power. The question is. Will they ever respect or recognise the carer? We save them money but they kick every time your asked. By the Jobcenter or DWP. That's my moan for the day. :-???
As far as I know, the severe disability premium is only paid to people on PIP care and live alone. If you live with your partner, you won't be eligible for it. Your partner could claim Carers Allowance for looking after you, but he would have to give up claiming JSA as you can't have both at the sa...
Hi Rosemary, I found your article very interesting. Because I'm a carer for my wife who has had M.S. 41 years. I personally don't like the way the elderly and the disabled adult have been treated by the government. We get our benefits cut, they put further problems into the paths of the carer that i...
I have been deaf since I was 4 years old I'm now 61 years old. I was one of the young ones that sort of missed the system. By this I was to get my hearing in Bradford 1958, due to hospital then school a date was set and I moved to Stockton. Then the fun started the hearing aids went to the local sch...
I sometimes have those feelings. Though my wife was 19 when she was told of her M.S., she is now 60 years old. It's not my wife that has the feelings that I call her black dog days. I mostly get them. This is due to the problem that I'm getting older and can't hump the chair around like I used to. T...
I have been a carer for my wife of 34 years just gone. And I'm not a scrounger, the last person to say that ended up trying to prove that. We are carer's, being paid to care. We are not on the dole and scrounging as some make it out.
First I've heard of this interesting. I don't drive but still interesting.
One lady that lives in the same place as me. Was assessed for PIPS just after she had a stroke. And was asked direct too her face "Why can't you Walk?" note she was still in bed with a paralyzed left side. The answer was sort of blue.