[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
A 40 page form that is an absolute nightmare to fill in and then they don't even bother to read it!

x

Can't help it, pies seduce!

Under
<t>I look after my brother who has a severe spinal injury and, thankfully, he is currently receiving the appropriate benefits (at least as far as I can tell). I receive Carers Allowance for looking after him and, until recently, I also received Income Support which gave us enough to get by. I have b...
<t>I was rather shocked to be offered a one off payment for a break for my fiancée and I when I contacted my local carers group for some extra support with some legal issues. I was told that there was an amount available every year for such relief breaks. I've a feeling that it was around £300 which...
Looks like someone setting out his stall for replacing Iain Duncan-Smith
<t>Amanda, due to the DWP refusing to acknowledge the nature of my caree's disability for years, I was on JSA whilst I cared for him. Eventually he was told by the social work department that he needed extra care and support and when they discovered that he wasn't getting the benefits he should have...
Undervalued, grinding, vicious
<t>You're welcome Janet. Glad to hear that the consultant is being reasonable.<br/> Not surprisingly, I totally second what bowlingbun has said and, well done bowlingbun, good for you! Once you have a family member back home, getting them into residential care, even for respite, can be an absolute n...
<t>Hi Janet, very sorry to hear about your husband's illness.<br/> The first thing I'd say is that you're already coping better than I did, you've found your way here before you've even begun taking on the role of his full time carer.<br/> I would say that you need to seek the help of the other supp...
<t>I just wanted to say that I am caring for someone who was given the lifetime DLA award just before they scrapped it. I too when through the appalling ATOS assessment with him and I know that when the next time that he is called for one of these "assessments" comes, he will refuse to attend nor wi...