<t>Let's be honest.<br/> <br/> £33million is a drop in the bucket. It works out as £6.60 per carer. But the amount sounds good totalled together.<br/> <br/> Not that the money won't do some good. It's a start. A small step, if you like. I nearly put this comment on the poems and quotes board. ...
<t>Lilyrose you have the right to say "I cannot care any longer for my son." The local authority HAS to act. There is no excuse for refusing to do so as long as he falls into the category of person who is eligible for services. As he receives services, he is eligible. End of story - they are playing...
Hi Lily

It may not be illegal to remove a service without a substitute but to do so requires a full reassessment of needs, and no service closure can go ahead without a full consultation prior to closure. Contact your local support group or carers centre for help.
<t>Follow this link to the Carers UK page on their own publications - the bottom of the page has the link you need to an information booklet about carers assessments.<br/> <br/> But remember that the Carers Assessment needs you to think about YOUR needs - not the needs of the person you care for - a...
Somebody had to do it, so I thought: why not? These ought to have been written for carers: "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." - Margaret Thatcher "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed t...