"Sleep is an excellent way of listening to an opera."
- James Stephens (1882-1950)

Had to do it!
Thanks Gavin.
<t>Whilst I fully accept what you say about the use of information, Gavin, I made a decision long ago that I would only complete questionnaires that give me the choice of what I will, or will not, divulge. Where said choice is unavailable I do not complete them. It is fast becoming the only freedom ...
<t>Catwhit, while your mum still has capacity to make her own decisions, it is HER choice who is to have power of attorney. If she didn't have capacity in the first place, then power of attorney is impossible anyway and your sister would have to go to the Court of Protection. Either way it is far be...
Thanks Norman! Image Image Image
<t>Hi Lilyrose and Jean. My son is 22 in less than a fortnight (where does the time go?) and he too has autism.<br/> <br/> We had it harder getting social services when he was in his early teens compared to now, but many people we know have had it the other way around - we had that with his educatio...
I agree, Myrtle. Every carer I have spoken to about this subject feels that we deserve at least the minimum wage. After all, Carers Allowance (I'm sure it's called that because children get an "allowance" - pocket money) is the lowest benefit but requires us to work for 35 hours a week to get it. An...
<t>Sorry Norman. The survey form won't move on at all if you complete it online and miss out your personal details. They are required - which is not the same, of course, on the paper version. I happen to find online completion much more convenient because of the time constraints I work in at home. S...
I, too, am impatient for change, Norman. And the government's priorities for spending seem to be ridiculous: Iraq is just one example of a cost too far, let alone the Olympics, World Cup, etc. etc. But while my heart says "now" I know it won't happen like that. It's not right - but it takes a long t...
<t>You are right in so many ways, Norman.<br/> <br/> But I have adopted the motto: "In any contest between power and patience, bet on patience." - W.B. Prescott <br/> <br/> I suppose that I take the patient view only because it is simply the only way that I have found to work. But I still get frustr...