Hi jojo. Can't speak for everyone else but I've had a go, I sorted it eventually but the confirmation email keeps getting dumped into my Junk email bin. Seems my computer knows something! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif Anyway, at the moment this forum isn't as big as it might be. Give i...
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."
- groucho marx

How true is that? Image
Petition duly signed!
I think Arbitration and Conciliation can only take place after all the normal channels have been pursued and failed. Bluey4 hasn't said that he/she has actually taken up the matter through the normal management channels. ACAS don't just arbitrate and provide conciliation services - they also provid...
On the assumption that he's gone back to the day centre now .............................................................................................................hope you had a good sleep!
I don't know that it's so much about how much or little we pay for our health service as the American doctors fully inform and involve patients and family in the care and treatment of conditions so that the possibility of litigation is minimised. After all, if you know the risks, you can only blame ...
<t>I'd suggest that as a care worker you need to contact ACAS for advice. They have a helpline and are easily found in the phone book. ACAS is fully up to date in employment law, and I used to use them a lot when I worked in a Jobcentre many years ago.<br/> <br/> As a family carer you do not have to...
Catwhit I would almost always recommend a carers assessment. Any other assessment only really looks at the situation from the point of view of the person you're caring for, while a carers assessment looks at your needs, your situation and your workload. It's a chance to say "when things go wrong I n...
It is normal procedure to close cases once services are in place - but even so cases MUST be reviewed at least once annually, to ensure that services are (still) meeting the needs, and to discuss any other issues. The review should also update the carers assessment.
Remember that the rest of the family can challenge your sister's actions, especially while your mum can still make decisions. Trouble is, the only winners then are the solicitors.