<t>Hi Pasal3, and welcome.<br/> <br/> The benefits system is complex and for advice you need to go to the Carers UK Helpline, or to a local benefits advice/welfare advice agency.<br/> <br/> However, the Carers Allowance is "taken away" for Income Support because it is counted as an income. Some of i...
Hi Norman - I wouldn't call myself an expert (I'm not sure that such a beast exists - the system is far too complicated) - but the truth of the matter is that the only people who are guaranteed to benefit from the application of the law are the lawyers!
The Human Rights Act is an emerging law in that it will be some time before some of the issues you raise are clear, Norman. You see, it could be argued that as the direct payment is a sort of contract for a public body (social services), the Human Rights Act does apply. Equally, it could be argued t...
Marie, that is disgusting.

This has been going on for months. I can't help but wonder why.

Of course the new financial year is coming up soon...
<t>I think we're getting bogged down a bit here.<br/> <br/> 999 is only used in an emergency - but half of all 999 ambulance calls are for falls.<br/> <br/> Three reasons: 1) the person who is calling is unable to help the person who has fallen - picture my wife of somewhat smaller build trying to h...
<t>There are a number of grant making trusts around that may be able to help - I suggest you contact the Careline or find a local carers group/carers centre, who would possibly be able to help.<br/> <br/> With most trusts you need to go through a social worker, health visitor or voluntary agency (re...
On Thursday I'm going to be lecturing some social work and medical students...money is one thing that always comes up. I remember one GP telling me that carers only do it for the money. It took a while but I believe I convinced her of the truth of the matter. If you could ask them how many of them ...
On Thursday I'm going to be lecturing some social work and medical students...money is one thing that always comes up.

I remember one GP telling me that carers only do it for the money.

It took a while but I believe I convinced her of the truth of the matter.
An old favourite of mine from W.C. Fields is:

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then stop. No use being a damn' fool about it."

I must be a damn' fool.
Paulah, if what's good for the goose is sauce for the gander, doesn't the same apply to chocolate and coughs and sneezes? Image