[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
David, has your wife had investigations into why she needs to urinate so frequently? Does she take medication for this at night? Waking and needing the toilet so often can't be good for either you? How are the hospital coping with her need to use the toilet so frequently? Are they hoisting her ever...
My wife needs muliple transfers during the day and night,at least 12 where each one involves 4 lifts. Its a crazy amount and i am constantly reminded i should not be doing it by NHS staff etc... but no alternative had been put in place. The care package that started was worse than useless, late,didn...
Can i ask how often you use the hoist on a daily basis ?
My wife isnt overweight but needs loo visits almost hourly... a catheter isnt suitable either for some medical reason which hasnt been explained to me.
The last O/T appointment was 2 days ago and i am still trying to understand what the purpose of that was ?
Has the hoist been delivered ? Yes
Have you been trained ? No, as its a 2 person job ?
Nothing else was achieved.

I will be contacting the CEO in the morning.....

Thank you
My wife has SPMS and has recently been in hospital and was discharged last Friday.... the care package was hopeless from the start and i have organised private care which doesnt start till May at the earliest. I have been lifting my wife from chair/bed to wheelchair to loo for over 2 years now and i...
Thats one of the issues, 3 appointments have been broken by the OH team for a home visit to demonstrate.....so the hoist has been here over a month and still unused. The latest slings ordered ar in situ ones ? i have not opened the packaging so i will look later.... Thanks AyJay, i will experiment m...
After many years of caring for my wife who has MS finally the early intervention team get involved. However, things seem worse now than ever..... I asked for help regarding lifting my wife for bathroom visits and a hospital bed and portable hoist was delivered and a visit from physios and district n...
Hello Peter
Only just found your reply so apologies for the delayed response.
We do have a ceiling fan in the bedroom but an air con unit is a great idea. Do you use a portable unit or a fixed unit ?

Kind regards

David
I totally relate to this post..... its like being a prisoner at times! With parole not an option :(
My wife has secondary progressive ms and the recent warm weather has really had a negative effect on her health. she is no longer able to transfer unassisted from wheelchair to loo. I am constantly having to lift her and assist with toileting every couple of hours.... im exhausted and not getting an...