[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I’m in a very similar position John My wife has MS and has recently qualified for CHC funding Currently we have 4 visits a day which is due for the 3 monthly review next week... there is an additional 3 hours a week respite care but I’ve not used that. The carers visits can be anything from 15 mins ...
It is a constant uphill battle with any of the agencies.
I am in the process of claiming back care fees from CHC and they are making it so difficult. I am getting conflicting information as to what to do..... Not to mention being on hold on the phone for ages at a time :(
Oh that’s terrible! When you’ve gone to the trouble of reporting issues and then they get disregarded!
It’s worth bearing in mind in future that “good “ probably counts for nothing!
I have no faith in the CQC following recent dealings I’ve had with them. Just lip service is all I received when formal complaints were made with no follow up action of any worth. Begs the question of who actually is there for support when necessary as many agencies are not fit for purpose in my exp...
Received this today have some great news to share with you today! The NHS has committed to improving transport services for older people to and from hospital, and our campaigning had a big part to play in this win. You might remember that in 2018 and 2019, we campaigned to put an end to the painful...
Hi David I have written emails with the same title enough is enough. As BB mentions clapped out carer stage..I reached that too, and I'm in touching distance of much more freedom Having more care at home seems like a possible option. But may not still give you the freedom you want from the mental l...
Hi Carer burnout is awful and you are only human. You have to look after yourself so you can look after your nearest and dearest. Please ring the CHC team and update them that you are struggling and are feeling overwhelmed. If you have a spare bedroom and the person you are caring for does not want...
Melly1 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:03 pm
I didn't realise that either David.. How crazy.

I don't have them though.

Melly1
Try and avoid them Melly, they can be troublesome to some people, especially the gas one as i experienced when i was working.
David That's concerning. I had a smart meters simply because mine were so difficult to get to even though I can read them. My Grandson used to do that, willingly, I felt so dependant. Fingers crossed all remains ok. It has been so far. The electric Smart meter has its own power but the gas one does...
I have worked in the gas industry for a very long time and i will not be having a Smart meter. They use a battery to operate them which, when they fail will stop the gas supply... not what you want in the winter months :o So, combined with the other issues that is another reason to avoid rather than...