[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Never EVER believe what a social worker tells you about financial assessments!! I reclaimed £8,000 from Hampshire on mum's behalf when they didn't apply the rules properly after she moved into residential care, but only after I attended an incredibly hostile meeting in Winchester, to meet the Socia...
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 pm
No. The rules are clear. It is YOUR choice as to whether it is done jointly, or individually, not the choice of Social Services!!!
Thanks Bowlingbun, that’s reassuring to know :)
Here’s a question that has possibly been answered before but I can’t find the answer...
Regarding income for a financial assessment for my wife who’s savings are considerably lower than £23000,would my private pension be taken into consideration even though it’s in my name ?
Thank you all for the advice given ! it really is appreciated as i am not getting any support whatsoever.... I have not had any communication directly from the hospital so i dont even know what their plans are ? I am sure i am not alone in these situations but it is still a stressful time for me let...
David, The GP needs to refer her for tests. Also, ask for an appointment with the incontinence service. If she wore pads at night, you might get some sleep. Continuing health care (CHC) means free care regardless of your financial situation, do some research so you are well informed. It's not easy ...
If your wife needs care, but doesn't qualify for CHC, then Social Services will do a means test. As a VERY rough guide, if your wife has over £23,000 in her own name, or you have over £46,000 she will be expected to fund all her own care until you get down to those levels. The value of the house, e...
Never EVER believe anything you are told by a hospital about what will happen after discharge unless you have it in writing. Do you want residential care now, or a lot more help at home. Continuing Healthcare should give you the option, if your wife qualifies. Are you worried about residential care...
The care package that started was worse than useless, late,didnt turn up,ran out of time etc So i am reluctant to let my wife be discharged unless something appropriate is in place... It just seems constant lip service from the so called caring professionals The free reablement care service that is...
David, has your wife had investigations into why she needs to urinate so frequently? Does she take medication for this at night? Waking and needing the toilet so often can't be good for either you? How are the hospital coping with her need to use the toilet so frequently? Are they hoisting her ever...
My wife needs muliple transfers during the day and night,at least 12 where each one involves 4 lifts. Its a crazy amount and i am constantly reminded i should not be doing it by NHS staff etc... but no alternative had been put in place. The care package that started was worse than useless, late,didn...