With what has happened over the last few weeks I am running on steam. I think I am going to make an appointment for my Doctor at 8am. I am not at home and can't face going there. Twice in the last few weeks I have been broken into on each time it was two junkies two levels above. The second time the...
Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it a useful tool and point for talking with others.
Remember the help there if you need help or just a chat. 0808 808 7777 is there number.

Gorden
Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it useful for you.

Also remember that we do have the carers helpline if you need help or even just a chat. There number: 0808 808 7777

Gorden
They will add it to your husbands payment without you applying for it. Self direct payment work in two ways you get a yearly payment of £15,000 to £25,000 and you can do everything or you can just deal with the money issues and keep all receipts and had them to your council or social works office an...
It would have been better for your husband to claim carers. You claiming carers will mean that they will take that amount from any ESA as it is means tested. However they will automatically add the top amount of £33:00p. They should have told you when you applied that they will take this from ESA be...
Speak to your GP ask for an emergency appointment. Your GP can help you and your brother. Tell your GP about everything that going on. Ask him if it possible that your brother could have Secaucius? Make contact with Carers Centre in your area if you don't know were they are just email and I will fin...
Amy, Yes agree with the fact that Social works can help. But also speak to your GP. use your local carer centre as they have a lot they can do to support and give you the relief you need from time to time. Ask your local carer centre for a carers assessment as that about your need and they will do t...
Becoming a carer is hard as it alter our lives. However if you have any doubt at all you need to deal with it now rather than later. I suggest you give the helpline for carers a call. The number is 0808 808 7777 and they are here to help and advise you. If you ask then they will call you back to sav...
Update: I was at a meeting with the adult protection team in Greenock and at that meeting there was carers ,social works, royal mail, trading standard, carers staff from carers services, Royal bank of Scotland and the police. Trading standard now have two member of staff who just work with elderly, ...
This week has seen a carer who worked for Inverclyde Council sent to prison for 5 years after being found guilt of steeling more than £20,000 from the people she was meant to be protecting and given support to. Sadly a second member of the council carers team has been charged with taken money from C...