[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hiya. I haven't been checking in here over xmas much but it was nice to see the input here. I received a reply from TFL today saying: "Thanks for your further email about introducing free fare for people travelling with Disabled Freedom Pass holders who need care. As you can imagine, we receive many...
Just received an email from my local area saying "Unfortunately we do not issue companion passes under any circumstances."

So they definitely don't do that in my area.
Gosh, we had this / have this too. Not sure if you're on fb but there's a good group on there called "hotpoint dryer fire risk" ... they sent us a help sheet with things to do depending on the age of the appliance etc including email addresses if escalation teams. I see your message was in July 2016...
:-) I had a peak at wales ... they say regarding their bus pass for disabled and elderly people that: "The pass can be used at any time of day. A disabled person may request one companion pass for when they require assistance to travel." Shocking how England (especially London ... our capital city) ...
Yup, just checked the Scotland website and it says: "If you need a companion to help you when travelling by bus your National Entitlement Card will allow them to travel for free too. Travelling with a companion can make things much easier. Helping you on and off the bus, carrying shopping or communi...
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Scotland has the same approach as Ireland too. Their approach makes sense
Hi. I had the following response from freedom pass: "Thank you for your email. In response to your query, unfortunately the Freedom Pass only entitles the pass holder to free travel, your carer would not be entitled to a discount. I would recommend contacting your local borough to enquire if they ha...
Hey. I've spoken to my local authority before (including the head of the council) and apparently it's a Transport for London issue. I've written to the Mayor of London too and they haven't really answered the question ... apart from saying that Carers can get reduced fares on trains. I'm just at a b...
Hiya all. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place on the forum. I've been taking bro (who I care for) in his wheelchair on the tube and buses lately in London and it's struck me how much I'm actually spending on my oyster card to support him. Does anyone know why in London carers have to pay...
Hiya all. Just a quick question. Can anyone recommend a good wheelchair company that sells powered wheelchairs in the south of England? Any top tips for buying a powerchair much appreciated also. :-)