Yes, I think formal recognition of your carer status plus your mum being recognised as a vulnerable adult is important. I cant think of anymore to add to bowlingbun's advice except try and find some kind of advocate to help you navigate this as your housing officer seems less than useless. I dunno i...
Hey Lisa, welcome to the forum.
I care for my mum and sister, both have different neurological conditions and are physically disabled.
Definitely speak to Shelter, as Stephanie suggested, they should be able to advise you properly. Also, depending on the state/function of the door, it may be an issue you can also report to the health and safety executive like you would a faulty heating system, but again speak to Shelter first. You ...
Also Emma, please, please, please, check with your student welfare about ANY scholarships you might be entitled to, plus any materials they will pay for. For instance at my local university all access students get a scholarship of £1000 just for completing the access course and can apply for an extr...
Hi Emma, Ive written a long post about my college course and carers allowance. I would suggest you speak to your uni's student welfare adviser. You need written evidence from your uni that your total study hours (this includes study you do outside of uni that your lecturers expect you to do ie readi...
Just wanted to check in, particularly if John was looking for updates. Basically, I am awaiting a decision pending my CA. College have been extremely supportive regarding my claim, and have provided me with written evidence detailing the amount of hours I spend in study including "homework" outside ...
I only saw it on the forum last night in another post, and it contradicts the advice I got from college welfare advisor. I wish I hadnt read it now!
Apparently not, according to the test case (Jeffries, I think but not sure) referenced in the Decision Maker's Guide. Supervised does not mean being physically supervised by a lecturer, but work that is done by the student which is provided for in the course. So if you were expected to complete 5 ho...
I meant to add to the above that I will clarify with my course tutor how much private study they expect me to complete. If the total is less than 21 then I am part time as far as the dwp test applies. I dont mean to imply that I will make a fraudulent claim for carer's allowance!
I am hopefully keeping my carers allowance. I was also concerned regarding this full time rule, so I spoke to the welfare advisors at my college. Their advice is there is no definition as to what constitutes full time, that educational establishments and dwp have differing interpretations. My colleg...