I wonder if Jayne means the Access register, where carers are registered and get free entry/reduced fees for social activities. This is not a national register, and it's specific to each entertainment venue/provider. The disabled person has to fill out their application form and then provide proof, ...
Although Im glad for the carers involved, it seems a bit of a pyrrhic victory-the cost was realised in terms of its effect on their disabled relatives rather than the carers themselves.
Hi Nathalie
It took a long time to get a decision as CA unit kept telling me they hadn't received the faxes I sent, but they have accepted my evidence and backdated my allowance. So it is possible to receive CA on a full-time course provided your hours (including coursework you do outside of college) is less th...
Hi SheWolf, stuck for what to say, everything I thought to write sounded like condolences. It seems a very helpless situation for you both, wishing for the worst and simultaneously desperate for it not to happen. Only a stone through comfort eating? Id have probably already added three in your posit...
Im so sorry for the problems your husband is having and the worry and distress this is causing both of you. Lots of posters here have good advice and first hand experience of a family member being assessed or treated in a psych ward or waiting for community services. Your husband is detained on a se...
These things are always a shock Alice and it takes a while to find reliable information, process it and then live with it.
Alzheimers society, British Heart Foundation and the Stroke association all have info on vascular dementia as it overlaps.
Hi Rebecca, My mum had a brain lymphoma in 2012. Its a different type of tumour to your partner's but it was also an aggressive type. I hope your partner has responded well to treatment so far. Hopefully you should have disability allowance and carers allowance set up, along with with both you and y...
In fact this is even better http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG103/InformationForPublic not all nurses are aware of constipation, pain, cocodamol etc causing delirium, they think once the urine comes back negative for infection then its not delirium! So ask the questions-are they drinking enough? whe...
i think everyone with an older relative should familiarise themselves with the delirium algorithm. NICE have a delirium care pathway. Its written for medics, but have a look at the info for people at risk of or with delirium. (Box 2) http://pathways.nice.org.uk/pathways/delirium#content=view-node%3A...