[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Caring Mind, It didn't go too bad but I won't hold my breath just yet!! They are going to allocate a permanent social worker (one with knowledge of Alzheimers and what the carers have to deal with) and I should hear by next week who it is and perhaps even have a visit from them. I'm going to have...
Hi Caring Mind, It didn't go too bad but I won't hold my breath just yet!! They are going to allocate a permanent social worker (one with knowledge of Alzheimers and what the carers have to deal with) and I should hear by next week who it is and perhaps even have a visit from them. I'm going to have...
Hi, Thanks Caring Mind and Bluebell, yes I know it's not easy being a carer and TRYING to take a break!! I have my meeting with the Area Social Services Manager tomorrow, I'm dreading it. The way I feel at the moment, one minutes I'm so angry I could murder someone and the next I'm in floods of tear...
Hi Rosemary, Thanks for the information that's really helpful, I've just had a quick peek but will take a longer look later. I'm just having a nosy around on Carers forum first http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif I do have Direct Payments which employs me as the sole carer for my mother. S...
<t>Yes the care agencies I've used in the past have all done the CRB checks on staff. The present agency I use also do the CRB check - I know because I applied for a job there and had to do the necessary paperwork and it cost something like £53.00 for a full check!! Needless to say I didn't go ahea...
Hi Christine, Yes that's a good idea, I have printed off my post and will take it with me. I've been to the doctors today and have high blood pressure! What a surprise, I wonder why??!! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif Tried to contact the Area Social Services Manager today to try an...
<t>Hi Amy,<br/> <br/> Well I groaned when I read your post. I've been there and done that!! You are going through hell aren't you?<br/> <br/> I ended up selling my house and moving but I still dread the yobs finding me in my new house. Our car tyres were slashed and a screwdriver used to scratch all...
It seems the whole world comes to a standstill when I take a weeks break/holiday from caring for my mother who suffers with Alzheimers and is a diabetic. This week was supposed to be a weeks desperately needed break! Ha what a joke! Monday, care agency staff went round at 11.30 to get mum to eat din...
Hi there, Honestly, it sound just like me in the same situation. My mother has Alzheimers, she gets ready every morning for day centre when she only goes on a Wednesday and Friday. The days she attends I go round to get her ready and the same old questions keep coming out of her mouth over and over ...
<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the welcome Piscesmaid and hello Teresa,<br/> <br/> It's great to hear from everyone on here and share our problems. Teresa, you seem to have a similar situation to me. I am in my forties and have 2 grown up children who have now moved out (although I might be getting th...