[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well Charles47, no they don't have the good sense to recognise me as a carer. I received the phone call today and they still won't support me! They are only funded for unpaid carers and she said something about it's in their service level agreement??!! So that was that, as I said PRESTON CARERS CENT...
Hi again, Well Charles47 I decided to ring the Carers Centre and inform them how unhappy and rejected I felt after being turned away by them. I asked to speak to the Support Officer but it was her day off. I explained to the lady who answered the phone (and who greeted me when I went there during th...
Hi Ria, Welcome to this wonderful forum. I haven't been a member for too long but in the short time I've been here I've found everyone friendly and full of useful advice. I too care for my elderly mother who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2001. I would say we are now in the middle stages of the d...
Oh gosh Rosemary and entity you have me drooling just like my beagles http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif They look really yummy those cakes! Yes I am a paid worker Charles47, I only get paid for 22hrs a week over 7 days. The rest of the time I'm still a carer but unpaid. I know I should go ...
Hi Meg and Matt, Thanks for your replies. No I didn't have a specific issue in mind to discuss with the Care Centre. I just wanted somewhere to go and make friends, speak to people in the same position as myself and generally just get all round advice. When I went into the Reception area, the lady g...
Oooohhh Harry you are a lovely little chappie http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif Hi Susieq, I'm sure my brood would love to meet Harry, especially Fudge as he just loves playing with other cats. I bought him some toy mice today and he's never stopped playing with them, up until now when he ...
Hi folks, Well guess the latest news?? I was informed by my Area Social Services Manager that I could go down to my local carer's centre and get lots of support from them and I even might be eligible for their 'time to care for me' grant. Off I trotted, hoping for a good chat with a support worker a...

Hope we've done this right, but you should see my 2 dogs and another pic of my youngest dog with kitten - Fudge.

Elaine xx
Hi Caring Mind and Coffeeholic, Thanks for your replies. Pester is my middle name from now on, I WILL pester until I'm blue in the face!! It's Tuesday today so I'm still awaiting a phone call from my 'new' social worker, as I said in a previous post, I'm impatient!! The 'Crisis Team' are still calli...
Sorry my computer is on a "go slow" tonight and I submitted my post twice in error!! Image

I'm too impatient,

Elaine Image