It's very nice, looks as if it wants to be the star. I am digressing even more now: this is a picture of a toad which I found swimming around the downstairs loo today. Fortunately when I first glimpsed it I saw its legs so I knew it was a frog or toad and not something worse. It disappeared when I w...
Hi David. I have just switched from SSE to First Utility. The reason I did it was because our borough does a group switch. Last year they gave SSE as the cheapest provider, and this year First Utility. If I take part I can decide if I want to change. Anyway, I have no problems with the change - noth...
We went to the community dental service once by ambulance to have an x-ray and extraction. We were told they could do further extractions at our house for a bedbound person, although they would rather not because of possible bleeding.
No, nor did I. 'Immersion heater' - that's what we called them.
I know what you mean, Rosemary. My brother also made it clear when he didn't like what was being said. He was very sensitive to atmosphere. But he didn't mind at all if the carers were complaining about something or other in their working lives as long as they seemed to involve him as a third member...
Here's what I won't be going to see - the Painted Ceiling at Greenwich:
https://londonist.com/london/did-you-kn ... ine-chapel

It's not the head for heights, it's the legs!
We used to use those all the time when I was a student in Germany. Here's one on e-Bay called travel heater or element or something: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/201577074625?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=43873515739&rlsatarget=pla-326053057605&abcId=1128956&adtype=pla&merchantid=101715135&poi=&googleloc=...
Hi Mick, Excuse me butting in, but those messages were in April and Carol did write that her mother was 'terminally ill'. I can't see the evidence for your reaction to bowlingbun. I realiize her advice was not appropriate for you, but none of us know enough to know how to advise when people log in. ...
I'm very impressed, Sajehar. I dare not go to see the painted ceiling at Greenwich because you have to climb up and down 70 steps on the scaffolding.
The white thing in the first picture - is it her foot?
Hi Adrian, It's good that you want to help your son and I can certainly see what you mean about him doing a job but not bettering himself. I hope others can help you, but this is really a forum for carers, not careworkers. That is, most of us look after our own family members without pay, and some o...