[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You can actually move during the pandemic, although as others have said, it needs thinking through very seriously. The stamp duty land tax you would normally have to pay was partly removed by the Chancellor last year and this continues till the end of June 2021, after which a lesser reduction will a...
In case this is relevant for anyone, my experience with a severely overweight caree: I paid for hoist training and a lady came over and I learnt it. It was a ceiling hoist. I couldn't have moved him on a regualr basis and I was told not to use it alone, two carers would do it together, but in emerge...
Jackie, if the house is not suitable and your husband is difficult, then he should not come back home. Your situation sounds just like mine with my brother, who I 'looked after' for three years until his death. But unlike your husband, he realiized that he needed carers and he was very nice to them,...
He looks really lovely in the video, laughing and grimacing. She says he's got a good sense of humour. I am amazed at the work you do and your time with S.
In Friday's Grayson Perry episode I think the last person whose art he liked was a carer. I thought it was very interesting. Channel 4, can be seen on All4 as catch up, it is Episode 5 of this second series. It comes about 42 minutes in - the programme is 46 minutes long. The work was called Carer-W...
Oh yes, of course, indwelling catheter, hadn't thought of that as for a man you can put the Conveen over the penis and manage (up to a point) without.
I helped look after my brother, who was bedridden and obese. We wanted to put a wipable floor in to replace the carpet but it never worked. He also had a Conveen, a kind of non-implanted catheter, which wouldn't work for women. Anyway, I do well remember the NHS/Social Services would deliver pads of...
The fact that the house is in his name alone does not mean that it belongs to him 100%. "Behind the curtain" it may belong to them each 50%, although that would depend on the individual case. As BB says, this needs to be formally established (if it is a problem).
Yes, you are a carer.
As for social services, as BB says, they can be helpful. Maybe try the argument that it is worth having a discussion with them to see what help they could offer - then you can refuse it all, but it makes sense to get information before saying no.
Valuation Tribunal re council tax I think.