[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hello everyone. I look after my 76 year-old mum who has vascular dementia, diabetes and a host of other less serious ailments. The last year and a half have been a very steep learning curve for me, as I mourned the loss of the mother I have always adored and tried to come to terms with the nervou...
<t>Hello.<br/> <br/> I've been caring for my 74-year-old mother since last July, when she suffered a UTI, dedlirium and was diagnosed as having cognitive impairment/vascular dementia (her docs still won't explain what the difference is between the two).<br/> <br/> Her memory is exceptionally good mo...
<t>Hello all<br/> I haven't been here for a while, but I need to pour out my feelings and there is noone I can talk to.<br/> I care for mum, who is 74. Until this year she was pretty independent, but she was taken into hospital in May. She was very confused. She then came home, but last month she ha...
<t>Hi krys + Hillsong<br/> <br/> Mum is back home and is settling in reasonably well, but she is still confused and paranoid. She has developed obsessive behaviour and is cleaning like mad from early morning untile late in the evening. She also thinks that she needs to pay the hospital a large bill ...
<t>I'm going to explode. <br/> <br/> Mum woke me up at 5.30 a.m. yesterday, convinced that it was much later and refused to go back to sleep. She started cleaning immediately and refused to stop until 6p.m. last night. We had the same conversation at least a dozen times, about our shower mat, which ...
<t>so, mum got out of hospital yesterday. She got back to the house and immediately thought my aunt, uncle and I were laughing at her. She spent the whole day scrubbing the kitchen, which was already spotless. I think she has used bleach on our cooker, which is now all scraped. At the moment she is ...
<t>Hello again<br/> <br/> Thanks for the advice, and sorry if my message sounded a little hysterical, it's just been incredibly difficult over the past few weeks.<br/> <br/> I'm definitely going to bring mum home on Tuesday. Her UTI has disappeared and I'm worried that she could pick up another bug ...
<t>Hello all. <br/> <br/> Mum (74) has been in hospital for 4 weeks now, and I think her mental health is almost as bad as when she was admitted. she was originally admitted when she was delirious and hallucinating. Over the past 4 weeks, I have been told that she had a Urinary tract Infection, mult...
<t>I'm sorry that this isn't going to be very coherent but I've had very little sleep over the past few weeks and I feel exhausted.<br/> <br/> My mum's diagnosis hasn't been set in concrete yet. She either has confusion and paranoia due to infection (in which case it could clear up and her condition...
<t>Hello I'm pretty new here and I'm desperately seeking as much advicce as you are able to give. I must apologise straightaway because I'm going to post a few questions in separate posts <br/> <br/> I'm going to be the main care-giver for mum, who was taken into hospital three weeks ago suffering f...