[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>ETA: Specially for goody2shoes:<br/> <br/> <br/> When Mum gets suspicious or angry, I'm trying to cope by not responding - either I say "ah, oh, um, oh dear........" and let her rant at me, or sometimes it works to deflect her attention. If all fails, I walk away. <br/> <br/> I've noticed that if...
<t>Hi, it's me again, with an update which will almost certainly shock you....<br/> <br/> I went to see my mother's GP & told him my story. He said he'd had no report whatsoever from either the Psychiatrist or SS regarding my mother's mental health condition or even a diagnosis. He'd not been no...
Steve I've just pre-empted a similar situation (see my post under "dementia") My mother is now back in her own home, but only because I phoned her solicitor and on his directions took in Power of Attorney documents. He told me that if they didn't release her, I was to phone the Police. Social Servic...
Really sorry to hear of everyone's difficulties caring for someone with depression or other mental illness. ( I'm a carer, but only since my mother's brain scan showed physical destruction of brain cells. I used to "care" for her behaviour, but after I myself and daughter were medically diagnosed wi...
<t>Thanks so much everyone for your support....sorry to have taken so long to reply.<br/> <br/> After my last post, I contacted her psychiatrist for more advice because I'd been slapped over the wrist under the Mental Capacity Act for intervening to prevent her making an "unwise decision", i.e. agre...
<t>I don't fit into your categories!!!!!<br/> <br/> I care full time for my mother who has vascular dementia. However, she has pre-existing mental health conditions & diagnosed personality disorder.<br/> <br/> Help please. <br/> <br/> I moved in with her a year ago to care for her physical limit...
I care for my Mum cos I have to! I hate her demmands on me and I dont have any free time to call my own, I use her car for her benefit but if I am in home she rings constantly to check I am here as the thought of me using her car for my own pleasure is a big no no for her even though I put the petr...
I fully agree that Carers Allowance should at least equal the minimum wage. However, I think "the legal argument" would be that all Carers do so voluntarily, and there is no reason the state should even pay the meagre allowance it does. In eyes of the law, a Carer is no different to a married woman/...
[quote]This may be a bit of a long rant but im out of options and really need some help. I went to the undertakers and made all the arrangements and was shocked to be given a bill for £4300. This sounds very high. Firstly, if you don't pay, what can they do about it? If undertakers take you to Co...
please dont knock me down here , but what good is a diagnoses going to achieve? What help is there for you? I have long suspected my daughter has high end aspergers syndrome. She just wants to learn, she studies what she is interested in, and for people who know me here, they know she is almost at ...